Chapter Twenty-One: Back in Madrid

Brushing his fingers through his hair, Sergio tried to wrap his head around the fact he was back in Madrid already; it had been hard coming back to the city where he lived and leaving Camille and Isabel behind.

The two weeks that he had shared with them had been perfect and he had found it difficult to return home when he was so attached to spending time with the two of them.

Junior and Marco had been thrilled to see him and Sergio hadn't been able to resist telling them all about their new baby sister; he didn't even care how strange it had been around Pilar.

He had brought home loads of pictures of him and Isabel, Sergio was sure she would be different by the time he saw her again and Camille had been nothing short of amazing since he had left Monaco.

Camille had made sure that she called Sergio on Skype each night since he had left so that he could see Isabel and spend a little time with her since she didn't want him to miss out.

It wasn't easy and Sergio was looking forward to another break in the football season so that he could travel to Monaco and be with Camille and Isabel again.

Shutting his locker, Sergio was relieved to be finished with training so that he could head home and relax for a few hours before calling Camille to see Isabel.

Everyone had been supportive since he had returned to the team and Sergio was relieved with how calm things were here; he had been worried that he would never be able to do anything again.

The media had become a large presence in his life after Isabel had been born and he had spent a lot of time hiding away in the Palace spending time with his daughter.

Sergio just hoped that things were just as calm for Camille, she was spending a lot of time with Isabel indoors away from the cameras that might snap pictures of them.

***

Camille released the breath that she had been holding upon stepping into the place that would now become her permanent residence; she was relieved that she had such a place where she could relax now.

It had taken a little longer than expected but Isabel had been wonderful on the flight over to Madrid and the two had somehow managed to keep their move a secret with no sign of any paparazzi when they arrived.

The house had been completely redecorated for her move and Camille was relieved that it was now done; she was relieved and it seemed a lot nicer than the last place that she had stayed when she had been in Madrid.

Camille peeked down at Isabel, who was sound asleep in her carry-case and she was relieved that things had gone so well; she was sure that Sergio would be happy when he found out they were here.

The announcement wouldn't be formally made for a month yet and Camille was relieved that she would have time to settle into her new home before them.

There had been so much that needed to be sorted out when Camille had made the decision that she couldn't remain in Monaco with Isabel; she had spent a lot of time planning for this move.

Camille quietly moved about her home, it felt rather different being here now and she hoped that things would be alright when she had settled in.

Isabel made small little snores making Camille smile, she loved all the sounds that her daughter made but her favourite had to be the ones she made when she was sleeping.

It was so sweet and Camille doubted that things would ever change any time soon, she was sure that Isabel would always be cute.

***

"Papa," Junior cried rushing towards his father when he arrived to spend the afternoon with him and Marco, he still found it confusing that their parents didn't live together anymore and his mother was dating another man.

Junior wasn't fond of the new man in his mother's life, he was always around now and because of that he didn't see his father much anymore.

Sergio ducked down and hugged Junior, he adored his sons and he knew that this couldn't be easy for them to understand; his moving out had nothing to do with them and everything to do with how things had ended with Pilar.

They weren't happy anymore and Sergio knew that he had done the right thing by ending the relationship; he hadn't been that surprised when she had gotten back together with her ex-boyfriend soon after they had split.

"Have you been good for your mama?" Sergio asked brushing his fingers through Junior's hair, this must be strange and he did his best to make sure that he spent time with his two sons when he could so that they wouldn't feel left behind as he moved on.

Pilar leant against the door as she watched Sergio with Junior, she felt a little nervous since her boyfriend was here at the same time; she didn't think the two men would get along after everything that had happened.

Xavier had been wonderful with the boys since he had started dating Pilar again and she knew that their break-up had been because he had never wanted children of his own.

Getting to his feet, Sergio looked towards Pilar wishing that things weren't this awkward between them; they had been both in the wrong when they had cheated on each other.

"Sergio," Pilar greeted gently just as Xavier appeared behind her, she wasn't sure what he would make of this but there was nothing that could be done about it now.

Eyeing the man that stood beside Pilar, Sergio tried to ignore the feeling of anger the bubbled inside of him; he had no reason to be jealous that she had moved on but the fact that Xavier was here right now annoyed him.

Sergio hadn't thought that he would see much of the other man and the fact that he had already met Junior and Marco had upset him since Pilar had introduced Xavier without Sergio's blessing.

He would never introduce his sons to a new partner without talking it through with Pilar first, he would understand if she had concerns about anyone knew meeting their children after a few short months.

"You know Xavier," Pilar murmured trying not to feel guilty about her new relationship, she had been so sure that Sergio would have been dating Camille by now.

The fact that Sergio was still single had left Pilar with so many doubts about her new relationship, she had moved on quickly and she regretted not trying to work out with him.

If only she could have been more supportive about the whole child with another woman then maybe, just maybe there would have been a chance that they could have stayed together.

"It's nice to meet you," Sergio stated trying to be polite, he wasn't here to start a fight and he knew that it was none of his business who Pilar dated now.

But there was something about Xavier Arevalo that set Sergio on edge, he was worried about the man being around his children and he had talked about that with Pilar.

Sergio looked down at Junior, if anything happened to him or Marco then he would never let the person responsible get away with it; the same with Isabel.

Taking a deep breath, Pilar allowed Sergio to step into the home that they had once shared and the home that Xavier had only just moved into so that he could be with her.

My Little Princesaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें