Chapter Twenty-Four: The Football Match

Sergio took a deep breath as he tried to mentally tried to prepare himself for the match, the season seemed to be dragging and he couldn't wait for it to end; he felt like this year had just dragged.

His time was so thinly divided between training, matches, and trying to find time to spend with all three of his children; something that wasn't made easier by Pilar and her sudden decision to keep the boys busy.

Sergio wasn't going to let her drag this out much longer, he had talked with his lawyer and he wasn't going to allow her to continue to mess with the set times that they had agreed on him spending with the boys.

The only reason that Pilar seemed to be acting up was because Junior and Marco seemed to rather like their baby sister; they wanted to spend more time with her and they asked about her all the time when he visited them.

Sergio's thoughts were interrupted by the cheers of the crowd and he had to remind himself what was going on; he slowly started to lead the team out onto the pitch for the match.

Real Madrid were playing from home and Sergio had invited Camille to attend the match, he had wanted both her and Isabel there and he was sure that they wouldn't be bothered too much.

He had arranged for them to have a private box where they would be able to sit without anyone harassing them and doing something that might upset Camille.

Isabel was nearly two months old now and Sergio loved the moments that he got to share with her; he adored his daughter and he spent more time at Camille's place than his home.

The media had taken quick notice of the sudden arrangements that had been made and they were constantly stalking Camille and Isabel whenever they left the house.

It was starting to grate on Sergio's last nerve especially the constant pointing out that Isabel was a bastard and had no rights to anything that her mother held.

It was getting to Sergio and he didn't know how much longer he could put up with hearing his daughter's name being slated in such a horrible fashion; he didn't have this problem with his other two children.

Sergio looked up towards the stand where he knew that Camille and Isabel would be watching; he had gotten a message from Camille that they had arrived safely and he hoped that they would be alright.

The last thing that Sergio wanted was anyone doing something that might have upset Camille and drive a wedge between them for any reason especially if Pilar had shown up with the boys and found out that Camille had gotten preferential treatment.

His mind turned to the match and Sergio was sure that the team would be able to keep their lead and win the season; it was something that would really boost the team right now.

They hadn't won La Liga in four seasons, always placing behind Barcelona or Atletico Madrid; it had fallen behind the need for them to win the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.

Now was the time to get things back in shape and Sergio wanted to be the one that would make sure that the team stood a fighting chance.

They had lost their six-point lead that they had over Barcelona as they entered the Christmas break and Sergio hoped that they would be able to keep hold of the lead that they had.

The match quickly got under way and Sergio tried his best to make sure that they didn't have too much to worry about defensively; they were playing a team that was near the bottom of the table but that didn't mean they'd have an easy win.

"I heard you welcomed a daughter," one of the rival players said pausing for a moment as he stopped by Sergio.

The footballer didn't say anything for a moment and Sergio hesitated, he wasn't entirely sure what would come next; most tended to hold their tongues when it came to the birth of his third child.

Only close friends had offered their congratulations but Sergio could sense their disapproval for his actions; they had no idea how to even speak about the child that he had fathered to Camille.

Most tended to keep things polite but they didn't bring up Isabel unless Sergio did so first; he wished that people would treat Isabel like they treated Junior or Marco.

"The father to a royal bastard... lucky you," the player continued with a smile, it was everywhere and no one could escape the news that Sergio had cheated on his girlfriend and knocked up some foreign princess.

Sergio gritted his teeth, Isabel was more than a royal bastard and he hated that she had been dubbed so in the press; it was like a constant reminder of how she had been conceived.

It was clearly going to stick and Sergio didn't know how he was going to deal with it; he wanted people to see Isabel was something more than a royal bastard.

"I wonder if she'll be anything like her mother... them Monegasque royals really do like to have their bastards," the footballer continued with a grin, he didn't seem to know when to shut up and his words continued to get under Sergio's skin.

Sergio moved away from him not wanting to do something that might get him into trouble, the referee didn't seem to notice that there was a problem; instead the man was distracted by what was happening at the other end of the pitch.

The footballer wasn't deterred and Sergio clenched his teeth as he continued to talk about how much of a bastard Isabel was and how she would be forced to bow down to her own mother when she was old enough.

Every word seemed to irate Sergio even more especially since every word had been something that he had thought about the situation himself.

"It must be great feeling knowing that you got to screw some princess... how drunk was she when she fell into bed with you?" the footballer teased with a smile, he could see that he was getting under Sergio's skin and he was rather pleased with himself.

He was doing his team a great service if he could get the defender sent off and he was sure that it wouldn't take much more to make the hot-tempered man snap.

Sergio glared at the other man, he didn't know what he was getting at but he didn't like how he was talking about Camille; what had happened between them had been consensual and he would never force her to do anything that she didn't want.

"Do you think I'd be able to get a royal bastard from her? I can imagine that it comes with some perks," the footballer gloated with a smile, he could only imagine the things that Sergio was now entitled to because he had a child with Camille.

Most of the royals from Monaco that had illegitimate children ensure that they were well cared for and Isabel was no except especially considering her grandfather was the ruler.

Sergio clenched his fist as he tried to control his anger, he was growing fed up with everything that was being said and he didn't want to leave his team one man down at the start of a match.

He took a deep breath and moved away knowing that he couldn't let his temper get the best of him; not when Camille and Isabel were watching him now.

"I would keep a close eye on that daughter of yours... you don't want her turning out like her mother, some stuck up..." the footballer continued but didn't finish his insult when Sergio turned around and punched him in the face.

Sergio regretted the action as soon as he had done it, his eyes closed not needing to see the red card that was coming his way; he could only imagine what the media would say about this.