Chapter Eight: Caroline and Stéphanie

Camille took a deep breath as she prepared to face her aunts for the first time since her pregnancy had revealed; she was nervous and she doubted that this meeting was going to end well. 

Things had slowly started to quieten down and Camille was relieved that the press seemed to be backing off when it came to her pregnancy; of course public opinion wasn't the best but she hoped that in time that would change. 

People were upset in the way that Camille had fallen pregnant especially since she was meant to be a role model and it didn't send the best message that she had slept with someone else's boyfriend. 

Shaking her head, Camille was determined to just focus on her and the baby since there was no telling what would happen with Sergio; she just hoped that things weren't going to get worse in the next few months. 

The door to the room opened and Camille felt sick as the servant stepped into the room to announce the arrival of her aunts, she was meeting them alone since her father and stepmother were busy. 

"Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Hanover, Princess of Monaco," the servant announced allowing Caroline to step into the room, her blue eyes swept over the room and she frowned at the sight of her niece. 

It had taken Caroline a while to calm down after what had happened and she still couldn't believe that Camille had done such a thing; she was sure that Amelia would be so disappointed in Camille for finding herself in this situation. 

"Her Serene Highness, Princess Stéphanie of Monaco, Countess of Polignac," the servant announced allowing Stéphanie to enter the room, she was a lot warmer than her sister when she entered knowing that this had to be hard on Camille. 

This was far from an ideal situation that her niece had found herself in but there was nothing that could be done about it now.

"You look good Camille," Stéphanie greeted before Caroline could get a word in, they didn't need to start arguing now; what had happened was done now and they would have to deal with the consequences. 

Caroline pursed her lips and watched Stéphanie hug Camille, she wasn't sure that coddling their niece would make her see how much pressure that she had put on the royal family. 

They were all be harassed for details of the pregnancy and if the father would be involved in the royal child's life; it was a nightmare to deal with and Caroline doubted that it would get better anytime soon. 

"I think we need to get down to the task at hand," Caroline said firmly, she moved to take a seat and hoped that Camille would understand why she was so upset with her. 

They had all gone through a lot when Albert had fathered Jazmin and Alexandre, it had been horrible and now they were forced to go through it again with Camille. 

Camille nodded her head and offered Stéphanie a weak smile before she sat down, she wasn't sure what her aunt would say but she doubted that Caroline would be happy for her in anyway about any of this. 

"What were you thinking?" Caroline asked with a shake of her head, she doubted that this was ever going away and she knew that once the baby was born that the press would only watch their every move from now on. 

The baby was to be born to a royal even if they would never stand a chance to take a place in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne; they would not hold any titles or land because their parents weren't married nor would they ever be. 

Camille opened and closed her mouth, she wasn't sure what she could say to explain what had happened but she hated feeling this bad about what had happened.

"I didn't know that he had a girlfriend," Camille settled on and hoped that her aunt would understand that she felt bad enough as it was; she hated that she had helped ruin his relationship even if she hadn't known about Pilar. 

She understood why Pilar had been upset about finding out that Sergio had cheated on her and gotten the other woman pregnant; she would have to deal with that and Camille hoped that the two would work things out for the sake of their two children. 

"You're having a child out of wedlock..." Caroline stated knowing that Albert would make sure that his grandchild was given the best life possible for a royal bastard. 

Camille nodded, she had long since accepted that she was going to have a child while she wasn't married; she was just focusing on them right now since that was what was important. 

Stéphanie elbowed her sister in the ribs, there was no need for her to be rude and she was sure that they would work this out; Camille was not alone in all of this anymore. 

The situation could have been worse and right now Camille was doing the right thing by focusing on her and the baby while there seemed to be no move from the father. 

The royals all doubted that Sergio would make a statement when it came to the child that Camille was carrying; he had been silent while focusing on Spain's campaign in the Euros. 

It was going to take time for them all to adjust to the sudden changes but they all had to remember that no matter what happened there would be a baby arriving in January.

***

Sergio sighed flicking through the papers that he had bought, his eyes scanning the pages for any sign of Camille; he hadn't heard from her since what had happened with Pilar. 

He was still angry with how everything had played out and it hadn't helped that his parents had been hanging about making sure that he worked on things with Pilar; it stung that they were determined to ignore their unborn grandchild. 

This was the last thing that Sergio wanted and it didn't help that his brother, René, was his agent; this prevented him from releasing a statement about all of this. 

Taking a deep breath, Sergio looked at the card that he had been given for Jorge Mendes; if he was going to do the right thing then he couldn't have René running his career anymore. 

Cristiano had recommended him after speaking with Sergio about his situation, Sergio was going to need a good agent to help him sort this mess out. 

Reaching for his phone, Sergio made a decision and he hoped that his family would understand why he was doing this; he was going to acknowledge that the baby was his. 

Sergio had no plans on turning his back on any of his children and if Pilar didn't understand that then maybe it was time for them to break up. 

Things were so different now between them and Sergio wanted to make sure that if his relationship ended that things wouldn't affect his time with Sergio Jr and Marco. 

They meant everything to him and Sergio was their father, he wanted to be there for them and he wasn't going to let anyone stop him from spending time with his children. 

"Hola Jorge..." Sergio greeted when the other man answered the phone, he was doing this so that he could be a father to the child that Camille carried; he was going to find a way to speak with her next. 

He was going to be a father to his unborn child no matter how difficult it was or who disagreed with his decision; if anyone didn't like it then they didn't deserve a place in his life.