Chapter Twenty-Three: Your Baby Sister

"I don't like this," Pilar complained after hearing just what Sergio had planned for the rest of the day with their sons; she hadn't been expecting him to just drop this on her with no warning.

Pilar had her reservations about her sons meeting their half-sister, she would prefer if they were all kept separate and she didn't have to deal with the fact that Sergio had a child that she wasn't the mother of.

There was no way that she would ever be comfortable with this and Pilar wished that Sergio would just accept that she didn't want the children meeting at any point.

"You don't have to. But Junior and Marco deserve to meet their sister," Sergio replied growing rather annoyed with her complaining about his plans, he hadn't said a word when she had moved her boyfriend into the house they had once shared.

In fact, Pilar, hadn't even told him that it was going to happen and just expected him to deal with the fact that Xavier was here most of the time and around their children that he clearly didn't like.

Pilar pursed her lips, her blue eyes watching Sergio as he finished getting the children ready for their trip; she wanted nothing more than to stop this from happening.

However, Pilar knew that if she so much as stopped the children from going with their father today then she would be opening herself up to even more legal trouble since their split.

Sergio had made it clear in the past that he would be more than happy to drag all of this to court; he wasn't going to allow her to use their children as a weapon against him in anyway.

"When will you be back?" Pilar asked crossing her arms, she doubted that she would ever get her own way on this and Sergio wouldn't tolerate her bad mouthing his daughter to her brothers when the children were all innocent in this.

Sergio rolled his eyes, they had already talked about this and he wasn't going to allow Pilar to rush something like this; he was looking forward to all his children meeting.

***

"This is your baby sister," Sergio cooed taking Isabel in his arms to show Junior and Marco, he couldn't help but smile and he hoped the three would get along; he didn't want any jealously between them.

Junior peeked down at the little girl in his father's arms, this wasn't what he had been expecting when Sergio had told them that they had a baby sister that they were going to meet.

The baby looked rather like Marco had when he had been born and Junior wasn't quite sure what to make of her; she was rather small and he wouldn't be able to play with her.

"Her name is Isabel," Sergio explained gently, he shifted her in his arms and he hoped that this was okay; he was a little surprised that Camille was giving them so much space.

Camille had insisted on keeping out of the way when Sergio did this, she didn't want to cause any problems between him and Pilar when she already guessed the woman wouldn't be pleased about their children meeting for the first time.

"Isa," Marco repeated with a smile on his face, he peered down at Isabel and waited for her to open her eyes; it had taken him a bit longer to understand what was going on when his parents had split up and people started to talk about a sister.

Her tiny hand wrapped around one of Junior's fingers when he moved to touch her making him smile at the action; she continued to snooze without being disturbed by the fact that she was being watched.

Sergio couldn't contain his own smile at the sight before him, he had been worried that they wouldn't like each other and that his older children might be a little upset about what had happened.

Things had changed so much in the past few months and Sergio had been worried that Pilar might have said something that might upset this very first meeting.

He loved all his children and the last thing that Sergio ever wanted was for fighting to start between any of his children; he wanted them to all get along as if they were full siblings.

"Papa... she's really small," Junior complained a little, he barely remembered what it had been like when his parents had brought Marco home but he thinks that he might have been this small once.

Marco nodded his head, he stared down at her wondering just what was going to happen next; he didn't think that he had ever seen anything so small before and yet his baby sister was.

"She'll get bigger," Sergio said gently moving Isabel in his arms, he didn't want to disturb her too much but he hoped to have more children one day; he adored the three that he had so much.

Junior, Marco and Isabel were everything to him and Sergio wasn't going to let anyone get between them; they were siblings and it didn't matter who their mothers were.

It was going to be hard enough especially considering who Isabel's mother was; Sergio doubted that Isabel would enjoy such peacefulness for much longer.

Already there were magazines and papers talking about the fact that Isabel was a bastard and held no rights to any titles that her mother held or enjoyed as the daughter of a monarch.

The words that Sergio heard had started already to get under his skin but there was nothing that he could do about the situation and he hated that people would forever judge her for that.

***

"Thank you again," Sergio said once he had returned from dropping the boys back off at their mother's home, he hadn't said much to Pilar but he could already see that she wasn't pleased with how their sons talked about his daughter.

Sergio wasn't going to change his mind about any of this and he wasn't going to let Pilar dictate what he could do with his sons or what he did with them.

"That's okay," Camille replied setting a drink in front of Sergio, she had done her best to keep out of the way and not cause any problems for Sergio while the boys had been there.

Junior and Marco had spent a couple of hours at her home and Camille dreaded to think what Pilar felt about that; the woman didn't like her and she didn't blame her for that.

What had occurred between her and Sergio had been wrong and Camille regretted the action that had given her Isabel; she didn't regret that her daughter had been born just how she had been made.

Sergio had been Pilar's boyfriend and no matter how bad things between the couple had been; it had not been far for Camille to sleep with him even if she hadn't known that he had a family with someone else.

"I'm just glad that the meeting went well... I am hoping I could make this a regular thing," Sergio asked knowing that he couldn't just intrude constantly on Camille, he was hoping that they could find some way that he could have Isabel spend more time with her brothers.

Sergio wasn't quite ready to take Isabel back to his own home yet, he hadn't been there in a few days; he would rather spend time here at Camille's home with her and Isabel.

He couldn't ignore the growing feelings that he had for Camille and Sergio wasn't sure that he wanted to; he could see a future for them in some capacity.