Chapter Thirty-Five: Something to Consider

"I can't believe how big she is getting," Albert mused cuddling Isabel, he was thrilled that his eldest daughter had come to visit and had brought his grandchild; he missed them even if he knew that being in Madrid was what they needed.

It had come as a bit of a surprise to him when Camille had announced that she was pregnant again; he had thought that maybe she would wait until she was married to have another.

"I know... I can't believe that she'll be one soon," Camille replied folding her arms, the last few months had just flown by and she was surprised how fast her life seemed to have changed since Isabel had come into it.

She loved her daughter more than anything and she was excited about the prospect of having another child; she was due in late March and Camille was curious about what she would have this time.

Sergio had been nothing short of supportive of the fact that she was pregnant, he was thrilled at having another child and things seemed to only be getting better with his oldest two children.

"How are things with Sergio?" Albert asked curiously, he had noticed that there was no movement on plans for the wedding.

The date was set, and Albert knew that it was still a little away, but he wanted to make sure that everything was still okay; he was worried that Camille might not be prepared for what was to come.

"Things are good," Camille replied, she was still trying to work things out and she was pleased with the improvements that had been made with their relationship.

It wasn't much and there was still a long way to go but Camille was still becoming more comfortable with her feelings for Sergio; she found herself getting to the point where she could tell Sergio that she loved him.

The more that she thought about it, the more Camille was convinced that she did love Sergio; she wanted to be sure of her feelings before she said anything, and she was worried that by saying I love you that she would mess things up.

"You're over thinking," Albert said snapping Camille out of her thoughts, he sat down next to her and settled Isabel on his lap knowing that over thinking wasn't going to help her.

It hadn't escaped his notice that Camille seemed to be struggling with her feelings and Albert wanted to offer her some advice in hopes that it would help her.

"Sometimes people are afraid of falling in love, because it sometimes comes in a way we never expected," Albert said remembering how he had fallen for Camille's mother.

It was something that he had never expected to happen and it this day, it was a moment that he would never forget especially since it had given him Camille.

"One day I will have to tell you how me and your mother met," Albert mused softly, he might have mentioned it once, but he had never told her the full story about what had happened.

It had been hard talking about Amelia after she had passed away, his heart had been broken and nothing anyone could say had made the pain of his loss easy.

Falling for Charlene had also taken him by surprise, he had never imagined that he would be in this situation again and he had never thought that he would remarry and become a father again.

Patting Camille's shoulder, he got to his feet and moved to give her a little moment to think; he wanted her to be sure about herself and not just do something for the sake of it.

Watching her father leave, Camille thought about what he had said and felt surer about her feelings and she became determined to tell Sergio when she returned home.

***

"Pilar?" Sergio asked opening the front door surprised to find his ex-girlfriend outside the house, he had been getting ready for bed and he hadn't been expecting anyone since Camille was away visiting her family with Isabel.

He stepped aside to allow her in and he wondered just what was going on, it was late, and she wasn't wearing a coat; it was freezing out and he couldn't imagine what was going on.

"The boys are in bed," Sergio said closing the door behind her, she looked upset and he wondered what had happened; he hadn't expected to see her until it was time to pick the boys up.

Pilar nodded her head, she didn't know what she was doing, and she had just found herself driving here; it felt only right that she come to him.

"I needed to get out of the house... I hope you don't mind," Pilar whispered, she felt bad for just turning up like this and she knew that he could have just ignored her knocking and gone to sleep.

Sergio raised an eyebrow wondering what could have caused her to get out of the house and come to see him; they weren't on the best of terms and only spoke about their sons.

"Xavier left," Pilar said, she couldn't believe that things had ended so quickly between her and Xavier; she had been so sure that they would make it this time.

They'd barely lasted a year and Pilar didn't know where they had gone wrong; Xavier had been good with the boys even if he didn't like children.

"We've been fighting a lot recently and today he told me that he couldn't do it anymore," Pilar explained, she looked down at her hands and wondered if this was punishment for how she had acted for Sergio getting Camille pregnant.

She was no longer mad at him for what had happened, it wasn't going change anything and she would get used to the fact that he had another child with Camille.

"I'm sorry," Sergio said a little lost on why she would come here, she had friends that would have offered her better comfort; he crossed his arms watching her and wondering what was going on inside of her head.

Pilar slowly stepped towards Sergio, she knew that it was wrong of her but recently she had been thinking about him more and she regretted how things had ended for them.

She had acted childishly, and Pilar could now see that it was wrong of her to demand that he choose her over his child; he was a wonderful father to all of his children.

"Do you ever think about us?" Pilar asked, her blue eyes searching his face as she rested a hand on his chest; she wanted to know that she wasn't the only one that thought of the past.

Sergio sighed and moved to take her hand, he wasn't doing this now not when she was vulnerable and had just broken up with her boyfriend.

"Pilar..." Sergio warned softly, he was engaged to Camille and he was trying to make things work with her even if she was still so uncertain about how she felt about him.

Before he could say more, Pilar stepped forward and kissed Sergio; her fingers tangling in his hair and holding her close, she was relieved when he didn't push her away instead rested his hands on her waist.

Slowly pulling back from Sergio, Pilar reached forward and carefully wiped away her lipstick from his lips; she offered him a small smile as she stepped back.

"Just something for you to consider," Pilar said before she turned around and headed for the door, she didn't look back knowing that she couldn't bring herself to feel guilty.

This time she was going to fight for what she wanted, and she was sure that was Sergio; she would make him see that they were good together, much better than he and Camille.

Sergio watched her leave, he shouldn't have let her get that close and he was going to have to tell Camille what had happened.