Chapter 2

Nicki
Miami Gardens,FL

It was 4:00 in the evening when Nicki got up from her bed after sleeping since she worked long hours at King of Diamonds.

Her phone rang and she unplugged it from off of the charger.

"Hello"Nicki then sat up in her king sized bed in her Spongebob pajamas.

"Hey baby girl.How are you?"Her mother Carol said.She had been in the hospital for at least 3 months now,and the only way to get her treatment was for Nicki to strip.

"I'm okay mommy.How are you on this beautiful day?"Nicki said getting up placing her cold feet into her yellow fuzzy bed slippers.

"I'm wonderful Onika.When are you coming by to see your mama?"

"Tomorrow.Last night was rough so I couldn't come today.Sorry."Nicki pit her phone on speaker and walked over to her bathroom.She placed her hair into a small messy bun and started to undress.

"Mommy I I'll call you back.I'm going to take a shower"

"Okay baby take care".With that,Nicki hung up and got into the shower.

Adjusting the water at the right temperature,she hopped in.She started to think about her life and how it all changed.

Her bigger brother,Jelani was shot in a drive by.The nurses said he was alright so they let him go.After a couple of days,Nicki came home to see Jelani grabbing his chest,which was not to far away from where he got shot.

Nicki wasn't a doctor or nurse,but she knew he was going in Cardiac Arrest.She called 9-1-1,and they sure did take forever to come,which left her brothers survival rate at little to none.

"Please Jelani stay with me big bro"Nicki said as she kneeled down by his bed.She cried and cried knowing that he was the only one who cared about her,except her sick mother.

Nicki heard the heart monitor go dead,and she knew he was gone.

"Nurse,please"Nicki ran and called out.She was frantically asking for assistance,one came,but too late.

Jelani died of another heart attack,the second one for the day.Nicki was lost.How did all of this happen?Why did it have to happen during that time frame of her mom being in the hospital?

Nicki snapped out of her trance when she felt the water go cold.

"Dammit"She looked at the clock hanging in her bathroom and saw that the time was 5:01.She had to be to work by 5:30 to make that money.

She threw some Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash on her and washed herself to a point where she thought she was clean.

She literally hopped out of the shower and grabbed her PINK sweatsuit out of her walk in closet.

She put on lotion first,then her laced black thong from Victoria secret ,then her bra,and finally her clothes.

She slid on some black Nike Slides and walked out the house and sure had everything.

"I'll do my hair when I get there"Nicki said as she walked to the elevator.She pressed the button and the elevator came up slow.

"Oh my gosh!The day that I'm late everything happens wrong.I'll just take the stairs"

Walking down each stair,she finally reached her Red 2016 Toyota Corolla in the parking garage.

"Time to make this money"