Chapter 5

Nicki
Same Day-Jackson Memorial Hospital

Nicki sped down I-95 south bound on the express way.There was heavy traffic,which made her trip even more nervous.

"Come on dammit"Nicki said hitting the steering wheel.

Traffic moved at a much faster pace after 6 minutes of non stop cutting in and out of lanes.

"Fuck "The car in front of her was moving a little under the speed limit.She clocked him and drove past him in the other lane,almost missing the exit.

------------

"Where is my mother?"Nicki said frantically screaming at the lady in the emergency room.

"Calm down sweet heart.What's her name"She asked.

"Carol Maraj.She was here for cancer and I told her I was moving and I don't know"Nicki said getting emotional.

"It's okay baby.She is in the room under serious conditions.I guess you got the call.There's a 60 percent chance she'll survive,but there's always a catch.Her blood pressure is through the roof and her heart isn't that good.Only god will know what will happen"She said.Knowing that Nicki was crying by now,she gave her a box of tissues.

"Baby don't cry.It's going to be alright."

Nicki looked at her name tag.

"Well Thankyou Nasheema?But it doesn't make me feel better.I mean it's all my fault.I strip for a living to put food on the damn table,I don't know what else to-"

"Family of Carol?"

"That's me I guess" Nicki turned around and listened to what the nurse had to say.

"Well,she's not stable but she is stable so 50 50 equal.She's definitely in a coma right now,and she's most likely to survive nothing to do with cancer.Also since she's been doing chemo for the past 3 months now,we couldn't give her the proper medication because it might mess up the heart and lead to potential death."

"Just do whatever you need to do to keep her alive please.She's all I got right now except my friends.My brother died right in front of my eyes.I can't take my mother dying right now" Nicki said leaning on the desk with tears burning her face.

"You can see her right now.Of course she's not responsive.Room 124" The nurse turned around and walked into an office.

"Okay I'll see you around Nasheema"

She waved and walked down the hallway.

"Room 124,Room 124.Right here"

Nicki in her nude Brown high heel boots and short black pants turned into the hospital room to see her moms monitor beeping slower and slower every time.

"Mommy don't leave me please"Nicki threw her purse on the little couch and ran to her mothers side.

"Mommy please."The monitor kept beeping,but slower.

"Mommy!!"Nicki shook her and her chest stopped moving.

"Help!!Anybody please my mommy is gone"Nicki screamed loudly.

"Carol Maraj,please wake up so it for me please"Nicki shook Sher again and that was it.

"No,mommy!!"By then 3 nurses were in there.

"She's unresponsive.Get the defibrillator now!"One nurse yelled to the other.She came back in with it.

"1-2-3 clear"The shock that Nicki had to witness scared her.