Chapter 4

Nicki
Jackson Memorial Hospital

After leaving the hotel where she left Meek,she headed towards the hospital.After a few minutes,she reached her destination.

She parked her car in vallet because she didn't want to walk back to her car.She gave the keys to a guy named Micheal.

"Don't scratch my shit.You hear me?"Nicki said walking into the hospital.
She approached a young lady,and best friend Sherika.

"What's good girl?Long time no see"Sherika said.She looked Nicki up and down.

"Nothing.Still at my job.I might move to Philly to get more cash"Nicki said leaning on the front desk.

"Oh really?Well good luck if you do go.I'll call mama Carol and tell her you here"Sherika said sliding her chair by the phone.

"Okay thanks Rika"Nicki said blowing a kiss her way and walking to the elevator.

She walked around the corner and spotted a Starbucks.

"Well,I might as well treat myself"

Nicki walked up to the line which wasn't that long.She took out $4.52,enough to buy a s'mores frappuccino without getting back change.

"Hello welcome to- Nicki?"

"Hey Cassie.You got a part time job here?"

"Yep.Just to make some extra cash.They pay alot,just enough to pay my car payments.I just copped a new Mercedes.I mean my name is Mercedes so I had to make it work"Cassie said resting her arm on the cash register.

"Yes girl I know what you mean.But I have to see my mama"Nicki said giving her the money.

"S'mores?"

"Yeah.How you know?"

"Exact change.I know"Cassie said making it.

Nicki waited for it to be finished.

"Here you go.Tell your mom I said hi"

"Okay.I will"Nicki grabbed her drink walking to the elevator.She pressed 3 and it carried her up to the third floor where her mom was.

"I'm looking for Carol Maraj?"

"She right there in the room"The nurse pointed to the room behind her.

"Thankyou very much"

Nicki walked to the room and knocked.

"Come in"

Nicki was happy to hear her mothers voice.No matter what time or pain she was in,she still had a cheerful personality.

"Hi Mommy"Nicki said in her thick Trinidadian voice.

"Oh my gosh!Look at my baby.Never seen her in so long"Mama Carol hugged her tightly as the tubes injected into her arm were hanging from the machine.

"Ma it was just 2 days"Nicki let go and sipped some of her drink.

"I know baby...are you still doing that stripping stuff"She asked.

"Yes mommy.I might move to Philly."Nicki said fast so her mom couldn't hear.

"Okay.Wait what?!"Mama Carol yelled.

"I said I might move to Philly.There is way much more money being put on the table mommy."Nicki said taking a seat.

"What job is it?"Her mom asked.If Nicki said stripping,her mom might freak out.If she lies,she would eventually find out.

"Stripping mommy.I'll make way more than what I'm making"Nicki said looking the other way.

"Oh my gosh!Why Nika?Go back to school get an education.Show your family proud.Would jelani approve this?"Carol said.She did it on purpose because Nicki would get emotional whenever Jelani was involved.

"I don't want to go back to school.I already wasted that trying to take care of you.I barely even paid off for your hospital bill mommy.I don't care about what jelani would say because it's my decision.Stop treating me like a child.I know what's good for me."Nicki said getting up leaving.

"Bye mommy"With that,Nicki left the hospital room.

Leaving the hospital,she avoided Sherika and Cassie because they would both ask her questions.

"Lord,why?I'm almost 23.I turn 23 next month.Why can't I make my own decisions?"Nicki said walking out.

Micheal drove her car to her and she got in.He held his hand out and placed $30 is his hands.

Getting in her car,her phone rang.

"Hello.This is Nicki".She drove off and went towards Anventura Mall.

"I knew this was you.What's going on baby girl?"

"Meek?This is you?How did younger my number?"Nicki said turning into the entrance for the express lane.

"Don't worry about that.Where you at?"

"I'm about to go to the mall now.Where you at?"

"I'm at another hotel"

"Ugh Meek hold on"

Nicki had another call.She answered it and a automated voice system from Jackson Memorial Hospital came on.

"Hello Onika Maraj.This voice message will be recorded for hospital reasons.Carol Maraj,now in the hospital for cancer problems has now gone into a shock,otherwise known as a seizure.This seizure has place Carol Maraj into a coma.The nurses are trying to get her up,but only time could answer that.Thankyou for your time"

The message went dead.

"What the hell?"Nicki said.She immediately turned her car around heading back to the hospital.

She exited and went back south.

-----------
Just an update...nothing major😵I didn't fell like my writing skills were working in this chapter at all!!! But enjoy😁

-Nicslays