Chapter 8: A First Date

Sierra's POV

"Sierra, will you go out with me?" Luke asks looking straight into my dark brown eyes.

Wait, what? Why is he asking me? Did I even hear right?

"Y-you want to go out with me?"

"Well," Luke starts scratching the back of his neck. "If you want..."

I feel a rush of confidence wash over me and grin at Luke. "Of course! I'd love to."

"Really?" He asks shocked.

"Yeah," I smile. Did he just ask me out?

"Pick you up at seven Sunday night?"

"That's fine by me!" I exclaim. I want to jump around and squeal but I pull myself together.

****

"So wait, he asked you out just like that?" Taylor asks when I come back from Luke's house. I told Josh and Taylor everything about what happened today and they were as happy as I was.

"Pretty much," I say.

"That's actually really cute. Luke's a real lady's man isn't he," Josh says to me with a wink.

"Well what if he just asked to go as friends?" I doubt.

"I'm pretty sure that what you guys did today was 'just friends'. And then when you go with him on Sunday it will be taken up a few notches," Taylor explains confidently.

"Doubt it," I say taking my phone put of my pocket to check the time. 1:31 AM, "I think I'm gonna hit my sheets. Night!"

"Yeah me too," Josh says. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

****

It was Sunday and I was getting ready for my ...'outing' with Luke. It was around 5:00 PM when I started getting ready. I went for a shower and washed my hair.

A few minutes later I came out of the shower with a bath robe around me and wrapped around my hair was my towel. I applied a bit of make up but was careful not to apply too much make up on. I didn't want to look like a clown in front of Luke. I dried and straightened my wet, messy hair.

When i finished my hair and make-up I opened up my closet and found the dress Taylor and I chose last night for me to wear. We didn't want it to be too fancy but not too casual.

It was an aqua coloured dress with little black triangles on it. It almost looked like polka dots.There were a few buttons on the top half of the dress and the dress was just above my knee. I put on a silver necklace with a guitar pendant. I looked through my jewelry box to find some matching bracelets to wear and put them on.

I was tidying up my room because it had clothes thrown everywhere and it looked like an earthquake had just hit it when Taylor walked in the room.

"Hey, how's it going?" She asks me.

"Great! How do u I look?" I ask her twirling around in my dress.

"Sexyyyy...but you haven't put your shoes on so I can't fully say. Shoes are important," Taylor says with a nod.

"Oh right, hold on." I open my closet which I had just closed and took out a pair of black Vans. "Yes or no?" I ask holding up the pair of shoes.

"Yes!" Taylor agrees and at that moment Josh walks in.

"Hey," He walks in casually. Okay so maybe I can see him being a jock at school...

"Hello!" I exclaim.