Chapter 21 (Part Two): I'll Still Love Him

Sierra's POV

I let the tears flow down, I bury my face into Taylor's chest and she pats my bag. I pull away after a few minutes, feeling bad that Taylor has a huge wet patch on her shirt. Ashton takes a seat down next to me.

"Sierra what's wrong? Are you okay?" I hear Aunt Jackie's voice. I looked up to see her staring at me with a confused look on her face. Uncle Mark was silently staring at me from behind Aunt Jackie. I look at Taylor and she got the message instantly. She let go of me and rested her hand on her lap. Ashton grabs a few tissues from the coffee table that was sitting in front of us and hands them to me.

"Thanks," I mumble, forcing out a smile for him. He deserves to know whats going on, so does Aunt Jackie and Uncle Mark. But most importantly, Luke needs to know more than anyone else. I wouldn't blame him at all if he breaks up with me for forever and he can't forgive me. I would totally understand. All I want him to know is that I'll still love him. No matter what we become after this, I'll still love him.

"There's something you should know," Taylor starts, looking at her parents and then at Ashton. Aunt Jackie takes a seat, looking concerned as ever.

"Okay so Jake isn't exactly who you think. Sierra and him have been going out for about two years now, right?" She says slowly nodding her head, making sure everyone was on the same page. "Well he's been a bit...wait no, he's been really abusive to Sierra."

Aunt Jackie looks taken back by surprise. "What do you mean?"

"Like, he's always hurting Sierra and he's quite...powerful? Is that the right word? He comes up as a really charming guy but as Sierra's boyfriend, he's terrible. He's been hitting her, punching her, etc. and he's always drinking and he's just not the best boyfriend, you see."

"I knew there was something up with him," Uncle Mark shakes his head.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell us earlier? Does anyone know?"

I ignore Aunt Jackie's questions and turn to look at Ashton. He was staring down at the ground and he hasn't said much since he saw Jake. "Ashton, you okay?" I ask him.

"Y-yeah," He finally looks up at us and his voice cracks, reminding us that he hasn't spoken in a while. "Um...I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault. You don't have to be sorry," I say to him softly.

"So I'm guessing Luke didn't know?"

I swallow hard and feel tears forming at the corners of my eyes at the mention of Luke's name. I shake my head in response.

"Taylor told me to tell him a long time ago," I look down so no one could see my tears. "But...but I didn't listen. And now," I sob and more and more tears fall out of my eyes.

"Its okay," Taylor says softly, stroking my back gently.

"I can't believe I let this happen," I say sobbing more and more.

Aunt Jackie crouches down in front of me. "Okay firstly, you need to freshen up, we can have dinner together and then you need to get some rest. Don't call or text Luke today, just give him some time. You need to explain explain everything to him."

"I can talk to him if you want," Ashton pipes in.

I shake my head, "No thanks, I need to do it myself."

"And we should report Jake to the pol-" Uncle Mark starts but I interrupt him.

"No!" I yell. "That would be a terrible idea, believe me."