Chapter 16: It's on the House

Chapter 16:

Sierra's POV

"Next is Sierra!"

Oh no. My tummy turns and soon I get butterflies. The first time I'm performing in front of anyone...it's finally happening. I sit in my chair for a while, mentally preparing myself. This has to be amazing. Luke and the other boys were so excited to hear me sing and they're probably going to hate my voice!

"Sierra?" Mrs Diaz says looking at me and nodding her head towards the small stage, gesturing for me to get up there and start singing. "Your turn."

I stand up. Holding my guitar, I walk up to the little stage in the music room and sit down on one of the chairs that were on the stage.

"Um..." I mumble under my breath looking at all the people watching me made me so nervous. I took a deep breath and confidence started to collect inside of me. "I'll be singing Bubbly by Colbie Caillat."

"When you're ready," Says Mrs Diaz.

I start playing the chords to the song and I started singing.

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tingles in a silly place

It starts in my toes
And I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

The rain is falling on my window pane
But we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying dry and warm
You give me feelings that I adore

They start in my toes
Make me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while
now just take your time
Wherever you go

But what am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way?
I just mmmmm

And it starts in my toes
Makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while
Now just take your time
Wherever you go

I play the last chord with a huge smile on my face. That wasn't as bad as I thought! Everyone starts to clap and I see Mrs Diaz nodding her head at me and clapping. Luke, Calum, Ashton and Michael all give me a standing ovation and start whistling and cheering. I feel my face turn red and hot in embarrassment.

I stand up from the stage and walk over to the four boys who were still loudly clapping and cheering. I put my guitar down and Luke gave me the biggest bear hug possible. I felt like an ant hugging a giraffe. I wrapped my arms around him and he pulled away with the biggest smile on his face. Ugh he looked so cute when he smiled with teeth.

"That was amazing! What the hell Sierra?!" He laughs.

I let out a little chuckle and ask, "Was I any good?"

"You were fucking amazing! You have such an amazing voice!" Calum exclaims.

"Aw thank you guys so much! Wow, that means a lot."

I take my seat next to Luke and Mrs Diaz picks out the next people who would be performing.

"Shannon and Rosa, you're up!"

Shannon and Rosa were both in my Food tech class and they're probably the funniest people I've ever met! As they were walking onto the stage Luke turned to me and whispered. "By the way, if you want to be a singer and have that kind of passion for it, I think you should do it. You'll go far."

My parents have always told me that singing won't get you anywhere and that I should be a doctor and all those things. That was my first time singing in front of people and I really can't believe that they actually liked it. I've always been told that I shouldn't be singing and for Luke to tell me that...it really means a lot. "Thank you Luke, I whisper back. He kisses my forehead in response.

Rosa and Shannon announce that they were singing Skinny Love by Bon Iver. Once they started singing I could feel goose bumps forming on my arms and I got a tingling feeling inside of me. Wow, they were amazing!

After they finished singing everyone was clapping for them and Mrs Diaz looked very impressed. She then picked out the next piece of paper and read it out loud.

"Michael, Calum, Luke and Ashton."

Luke and the other boys looked at each other before standing up and walking to the stage. I can't wait to see what they have planned! I'm so excited!

"Err, so we wrote our first ever song...it's called Everything I Want."

They can say what they say
I just want you to believe
Months have past, it's still dark
I have loved you the start

You're so beautiful
And you're incredible
Irreplaceable
I never wanna lose my baby

But you are everything I want
And everything I need
It's all because of you
I could barely breathe
Whenever you wake up in the morning,
It's a brighter day
We settle the high seas
Cause baby you and me,
We could always be
I just wanna call you mine

I get down on one knee
Baby please please take me
Whisper in reply
With a tear in your eye

But you're so beautiful
And you're incredible
Irreplaceable
I never wanna lose my baby

But you are everything I want
And everything I need
It's all because of you
I could barely breathe
Whenever you wake up in the morning,
It's a brighter day
We settle the high seas
Cause baby you and me,
We could always be
I just wanna call you mine

As soon as they finished the whole class stood up and we clapped for them for a few minutes. Wow, they were just amazing. Mrs Diaz even stood up for them and she looked so impressed.

They got up from the stage and came to sit back down. I gave Luke a big hug, "you guys are amazing! Seriously though like that song was sooo cute! Can't believe you wrote it and your voices are all perfect!"

"Thank you!" They all say in unison.

The rest of the lesson went by just listening to everyone perform and I have to say, our class is a bunch of talented people!

****

Taylor's POV

I drove to work with a smile on my face. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, I don't know what got me in such a happy mood. I parked my car in the staff parking and walked in to be greeted by a grumpy Aspen.

Good morning!" I say to her with a huge smile on my face.

"Morning," she replies with a blank expression.

"What happened to you Miss Grumpy?"

"I got myself in a fight with a customer and ugh she just bugged me so much."

"Why? What happened?"

"Okay so this old lady comes in, orders what she wants and then eats it. She then comes back for a discount because she got five marshmallows in her cup instead of six. So I told her that maybe the marshmallow like dissolved or something but she just wouldn't listen. She kept arguing with me about a fucking marshmallow like what the actual fuck, can you not please."

I laugh at her, "Did you give her the discount?"

"Hell no! She was really angry and stuff so she stormed out eventually."

"Oh my god," I laugh.

"Oh by the way, your friend is over there," Aspen says nodding her head towards a table in the corner where Ashton was sitting.

"Can I go talk to him? I swear I'll only be a few minutes"

"He's cute so yeah, sure."

"Wait, what?"

Aspen laughs, "yes, I have to admit it. He's a cutie! I was admiring him before and he's actually the cutest human being on earth."

"Oh wow okay then."

"How can you not find him cute though? Look at him!"

"Um..."

"Wait are you two already dating or something?"

"No and that will never happen."

"Why not? I think you two will be so cute together!" Aspen says.

"Did I not tell you what happened between us?"

"No, oh my god why, what happened?"

I let out a little laugh before asking, "remember that time when I told you he was coming over for a bit of tutoring?"

"Yeah.."

"Well when he came over, we were having a break so we were just sitting in my room and all of a sudden he kissed me and-"

"He kissed you?!" Aspen yelled in a whisper.

"Yeah...and then I learned that he has feelings for me and we talked the next day and we promised to be just friends."

"So you don't have feelings for him?"

"No, not in that way."

"Well then can I have him because he is so cute!" Aspen laughed.

"Sure," I laugh.

"Anyways, you can go talk to him."

"Thanks!" I walk over to where Ashton was, "hey! You need any help?"

"No thanks, I'm good. I actually get what I'm doing now...thanks to you."

"Aww," I laugh, "you're welcome."

"Calum's coming here and we're studying together, he should be here soon," Ashton says checking the time on his phone.

"Well anyways, I'll leave you to it! Have fun!"

"Thank you!"

"Do you want anything to drink or eat or anything?"

"Nope I'm good, thanks."

And with that I walk back to the counter. I see that Aspen was serving a mother and daughter.

"Everything okay with him?" She asks when she gets back.

"Yeah, our mate is coming here to work with Ashton together so he should be fine."

"That's good!"

"You know, for a boss, you sure do talk a lot," Jules says to Aspen. Jules was another fellow worker at the cafe.

"I was just about to say that," I laugh.

The door of the cafe screeches open and Calum walks in. "Hey Taylor!" He says walking towards the counter.

"Hey! Calum this is Aspen and Jules," I say pointing to each of them. "Aspen and Jules, this is Calum."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you two!" Calum says in his friendly tone.

"You too!" Aspen replies.

"Do you know where Ashton is?" Calum asks me.

"Right there," I say pointing at Ashton sitting by himself.

"Cool, thanks."

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"Ahh yes, could I please get a strawberry smoothie?"

"Coming right up!"

Calum hands me a five dollar bill. I was about to take it from him when Aspen stopped me, "it's on the house."

"Are you sure?" Calum asks Aspen.

"I own this place, so yes."

"Um..okay then. Thanks!"

"Anytime," Aspen says and Calum walks over to Ashton.

I turn to Aspen, "why?"

"Because he is hot as fuck. Why do you have such hot friends oh my god."

Jules and I look at each other and burst out laughing. I start making Calum's smoothie. "He has a girlfriend you know.."

"Well then."

We all laughed and soon Calum's smoothie was made. I walked up to where Ashton and him were sitting.

"One strawberry smoothie," I say and put it down on the table.

"Thank you!"

"Ashton, you sure you don't want anything?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks," Ashton says looking up from his paper.

"If you guys need anything, just give me a shout."

"Thanks!"

I walk over to a table who had a girl with brown hair. Her face was hidden by the menu she was staring at.

"Hi, are you ready to order?"

The girl looks up, oh. The girl with her face hidden was Emma.

"Oh um, hey Taylor," she says with a fake smile plastered on her face. "Could I please get a hot chocolate and a caramel muffin."

"Yeah, sure. Would you like me to take your menu for you?"

She hands me the menu, "thanks."

I smile at her and walk off. Well that was awkward. I make her a hot chocolate and grab a caramel muffin and place it on a small plate. I was walking towards her table when all of a sudden I trip over her bag that was lying on the ground. I fall to the ground and the next thing I see is that Emma is covered in hot chocolate.

I pick myself up and stand up. "Emma, oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to I just tripped and-"

"YOU BITCH!" She yells at the top of her lungs. I look around and see that the whole cafe was now staring at us.

"Emma!?" I hear a familiar voice say in shock. I turn around and see Calum, his eyes were burning with anger.

--------------------------------------------------

Ooooh! Thank you guys so much for all the reads and comments on this fanfic, it really means a lot. Please keep sharing the fanfic around and keep voting/commenting! If you have any questions or anything you can comment below or you can tweet me @5secsofR5_ let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!

Shania xx