Chapter 31: I'm Sorry

Chapter 31:

Michael's POV

Kayleen had somehow gotten a lot closer to me and there was now just a little bit of space between us. She looked into my eager eyes and then glanced down at my red lips. I felt the space between us close in and her lips press against mine.

I had no time to think, no time to kiss back. She suddenly pulled away and looked at me with big eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Its fine," I say, biting my lip. She raises her hand to her lips and gently runs her hands over them. "I should go," She says quickly, all of a sudden. I open my mouth to speak but she was already at the door. "I'll see you at school...or sometime. Hope you get better soon, bye Michael." And with that she was out the door.

I sit there on the hospital bed, confused at what just happened. Does she like me? Or maybe she just kissed me to make me feel better.

Either way, I know for a fact that I really like her.

Sierra's POV

I was getting ready for school on a Monday morning and as I open the front door, I get a fright of my life. Luke was standing there in his uniform, with his bag slung over his shoulder. "Hi."

"Oh uh, hi," I get a start and jump back a tiny bit. "What are you doing here?"

"Am I allowed to be here?" He asks, his eyebrows were knitted together and there was worry in his eyes.

I chuckled, "Why wouldn't you be allowed to be here?"

"Well, you might send me away because you hate me or-"

"I don't hate you, Luke."

Luke lets out a sigh of relief, "Well I'm glad to hear that." I raise my eyebrows at him, still confused as to why he was here.

"Okay look. I know I apologized when we got kidnapped in the shed and I told you I miss you and you said the same and we kissed and all that stuff. And then in the hospital I told you again that you mean a lot to me and all sorts of things, but I don't think you got the point. The point is that I need you Sierra. I feel like a fish without it's gills without you, I need you." I laughed and he continued on.

"I miss you so much and I don't know what else to say. I care for you a whole lot and seeing you upset because of me really hurt. I don't like you being upset, I don't want you to be upset, I want you to be happy, because that's what you deserve. And I'm sorry Sierra, I'm so so sorry, I can't stress that enough I just-" I opened my mouth to stop to interrupt him but he put his index finger on my lips gently. "Shh no, let me finish."

"I just want us to be back together and I want to spend all those wonderful times we've had together again and I-" This time, I kissed him hard on the lips. He was stunned and it took him a while to kiss back but he did, eventually.

I heard someone behind us say 'aww' but I ignored them. I wrapped my hands around his neck and stood higher up on my tippy toes. He bent his head down a bit more to meet my lips more and brought his hands to my face. He pushed strands of hair out of my face and kissed me harder than before. I pulled away and we both looked at each other and smiled.

"Yay!" Taylor cheered, clapping her hands. I turned around and saw her and Josh looking at us, ready to leave for school.

"Um, I think I'll walk to school with Luke today," I tell them, looking up at Luke. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and pulled me into a hug. My hands wrapped around his neck and his around my torso.

*****

Two days had past and Michael was at school, feeling much better. He talked to Taylor again and she went on and on just apologizing to him. She really had nothing to apologize for though. We were at lunch and everyone was feeling quite awkward at how the last few weeks have turned out. There wasn't a lot of talking, mostly just chewing noises.

"So," Emma says, looking up from her phone and to Luke and I, her sandwich was in her other hand. "You two are back together?"

"Yup," the two of us look at each other and Luke gives me a quick peck on the lips. "Worst mistake of my life."

"To be honest, everyone has been pretty messed up lately," Ashton giggles.

I shift in my seat on the bench, "Yeah...sorry about that."

Taylor rolls her eyes, "I swear, if you say sorry one more time, I will chuck this apple at you." She raises the red apple in her hand before taking a big, loud bite from it.

Calum frowns. "I'm quite sad at how I was never invited to this 'Kill Jake plan'."

Taylor's eyes nearly pop out of her head and I couldn't help but laugh. "We were not trying to kill him!"

"Sure, sure, whatever you say."

"And Michael, how are you?" Kayleen asks, leaning on the table in front of us.

"I'm pretty good actually," He replies. He hasn't talked much like his usual self.

"That's good!" Ashton says, being his chirpy self as always.

"Okay, so this Jake guy was Sierra's boyfriend, right?" Emma asks, still trying to understand this whole story.

"EX-boyfriend," I raise my eyebrows. "Also abusive, mad, a dick, rude, careless, selfish, and wow, there are a lot of words I could use to describe him."

Emma raises her hand, "You may stop there, I think I got it."

"I just...ugh!" I raise my hands up to head. All this talk about Jake had got me so mad. "I hate him so much!"

"Don't we all," Michael sighs.

"Well hey, at least he's locked up now," Taylor nods her head, excited about the fact that he won't be around anymore.

To be honest, I think we were all ecstatic that he is forever gone now.

*****

We were in Science and after everything, I finally was able to sit with Luke like how it had always been before all that stuff about Jake happened.

I'd like to think that everything was back to normal...or almost everything.

Next to me, Luke put his pen down, crossed his arms and looked at me. "You know what?"

I copied his actions. "What?"

"We need to finish our one month anniversary date!" He says, almost too excitedly.

"Technically, it was almost done. It was just that we were about to make out when Jake rang the doorbell," I said, feeling slightly uncomfortable about talking about Jake to Luke, especially after all that happened.

He didn't seem to notice though. "Okay, well fine. I would like to take you on another date, to say 'I'm sorry'," he smiled at me, proud of what he thought was a great idea.

I roll my eyes, "Luke this isn't your fault at all, it's mine. Shouldn't I be the one saying sorry?"

"No. And even so, I want to apologize and I want us to have another date, kind of like a make up date."

I shrugged, "I kinda just want to forget about everything that has happened."

"I do too. It won't even be a proper date, just a night that both of us will spend some time together, alone. It'll be back to normal and how it was before any of this started. Are you in?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. He brought his hands together and pleaded, "Please Sierra?"

Rolling my eyes I finally replied, "Yeah, sure. Nothing too fancy though!"

"It won't be fancy, I swear!"

I laugh, "Okay, okay."

------------------------------------------------------------------

just a quick fill-in chapter :))