2' 03"

Drew had so many questions in mind that he thought he just might explode right there and then inside his car. He could not find the strength to start the engine yet and the one clear thing to him right now is that he is dead tired. Never had he thought that one day could exhaust him this much. He closed his eyes as hard as he gripped the steering wheel.

Why did she never tell that she was adopted? Why didn't she tell me that her brother came back? Why didn't she tell me in all those three years that I had been by her side that she is damn in love with that man? Why didn't she tell me? When did her brother even come back? Why did he leave her in the first place? Why didn't she tell me that she didn't love me?

Drew screamed in frustration and held his head with both of his hands. It was too much, but he still couldn't bear to get mad at Eury. He just loves her that much. Remembering how pale she went a while ago when he talked to her in the coldest manner he could achieve, and thinking how it might have affected Eury, seeing in her eyes that she was hurt too, he could not help but worry that she might have her asthma attack again.

And it hurts him to know that someone was already up there in her unit to take care of her. It hurts him deeply that somehow, all his efforts in those years had been put to waste and did not matter as much as he thought they did. The pain it's causing seemed hardly bearable. It hurts that the trust he gave her wholly was now shattered to millions of pieces, just like his heart. She lied and she cheated on him. That is the truth and he still cannot accept it deep inside even if it slapped him hard already.

It was too early for a drink but Drew thought it might be the best thing to do this moment, and so he drove away to his own home, locked himself up, and drowned his heartaches in alcohol with the lights off and the thick curtains closed. It was dark for his eyes to see things clearly, but not as dark as how his world suddenly became when he broke up with Eury. He broke up with his dear Princess.

The stinging in his eyes never went away. He was lying on his carpet, staring blankly at the ceiling through the darkness, with a bottle of beer on one hand. Empty bottles were spread beside him—around him rather, along with his shoes and his wristwatch that he so carelessly threw on the floor the moment he entered his room. He chugged down the bottle, not minding how much beer he spilled on himself and on the carpet. He very rarely drinks and he was aware that just a little more and he would pass out, but who cares anyway? He could drown here, wake up, get busy, and try to live. Just without Eury, the one girl she ever loved this much. Slapping himself with the truth again, eh.

Even with the questions still lingering in his mind, he could only put the blame on himself. He must have lacked in his efforts. He must not have showed enough how much he loved—loves—her. He must have been 'just not enough'. He knew for a long time that being not enough had always been one of the things people dreaded most. He could now agree that it is, indeed, dreadful and fucking painful.

Drew spent his whole day like that. Him on the floor with bottles surrounding him, in the darkness, and with his phone blasting with calls from everyone. It died out soon after. It must be their friends or his family, checking up on him or Eury or following up on his supposed surprise party for their anniversary.

"Happy Anniversary," he whispered bitterly, tasting the bitterness in his mouth along with the beer. "Bullshit."

He was the kind of person who also rarely curses but the situation very much calls for it. Being cheated on and lied to—meaning, not worthy of trust—is no joke. It is complete bullshit.

"I-I didn't mean to do it," Eury said in between sobs as she leaned on Van's arm around her. They were sitting on her bed with their backs on the headboard. Van ran his hand up and down her arm to comfort her. She had been crying since Drew left and the sight of her crumbling down was utterly heartbreaking for him but he let her feel the pain so that she could feel better earlier.