2' 08"

Stacey ended up staying the night and so did Duncan, but he left before sunrise because he had to go back to the hospital. They all slept late last night due to Eury's insistence. She really had this instant connection with Duncan. Van wasn't too happy about it, but he thought, at least Eury has a new Kuya now.

Eury was the first one to wake up the next morning so she decided to make some pancakes while the two were still in deep sleep. Stacey slept in her room while Van and Duncan occupied the living area where they laid a sofa bed that Drew bought for her and mostly for him to use whenever he slept in Eury's unit. Eury hid that unnecessary fact to avoid awkwardness. She peeked at Van and she couldn't help but smile at the sight of him. He looked so adorable, surrounded by tons of pillows. She made sure that he slept comfortably and that may be the reason why he was still asleep. She dotted a kiss on the top of his head before she went to the kitchen.

Stacey and Van were both awake by the time she finished preparing their breakfast. Van sat beside Eury and Stacey sat across them.

"Um, my stepfather just called," Stacey mumbled.

"Hm?" Eury asked with her mouth full of food. Stacey repeated herself and silence immediately followed. Van waited for what his friend would say.

"He wanted to ask for an apology, personally," Stacey muttered with care. She then sat in silence while glancing back and forth Van and Eury. The suspense is beginning to make her rethink her words.

Eury then let out a timid smile that sent relief to Stacey. "Sure, let's meet him as soon as possible."

Stacey admired her personality once again. She's too kind-hearted for this world, or maybe Stacey was just used to all the horrible things, that nice people seemed too rare in her world.

The table was surrounded by a light atmosphere once more.

"Stacey," Eury called. She looked up at her while chewing her pancake. "Have you... forgiven him? Your stepdad?" She asked reluctantly. She thought Stacey wouldn't answer as her face suddenly turned serious.

"It's okay if you don't wan─"

"I have." Her expression softened. "I loved him more than my mother. He may have done me wrong, but he was the one who was always there for me ever since I was young. He treated me like his own. I know he loves me. And I understood him now. I learned that once you feed a broken heart with anger and if you let it take over your mind, you will only break yourself more and hurt the people you love. Our problem was that we let our worlds revolve and depend on something or someone that wasn't meant to stay, and when it was taken from us, we were left with nothing and it's the perfect recipe for madness," she followed with a bitter chuckle. "Things are well now. We talked everything out. Apologies were given. Mistakes were forgiven. We're only letting our wounds heal for now, and we'll help each other get through this."

She paused, her eyes teary and so were Eury's. Van took hold of Eury's hand as they both listened to her.

"That's why I'm hoping you would forgive him too. Besides, I only dragged him in this. Our issue as a family is a whole different story."

Eury reassured her with a sweet smile.

A little while later, Stacey received a call from Duncan after she texted him. He agreed to fetch them and drive them to Mr. Aguirre's office where they were all supposed to meet. They were set and waiting for Duncan just before lunch time and when he called to say that he was in the building already, Stacey rushed to the elevator. The act somehow confused Van and Eury but the latter was more concerned about meeting Stacey's father.

"It's going to be okay, baby girl. You have nothing to worry about." Van gave her hand a light squeeze and it helped her calm down a bit. They were walking towards the elevator when she stopped and faced Van. She then bit her lip and decided to steal one, quick kiss on his cheek. It surprised Van and she took that as a chance to escape and head over to the elevator. She talked to Stacey for the whole short ride until they were at the basement parking but she glanced at Van from time to time and boy, he was still blushing!