2' 12"

"So shall we continue the talk?" Eury asked with a breath of relief and the feeling of a new beginning coming their way.

"Why don't we continue eating this popcorn instead?" Van said as he grabbed a handful and shoved it to her face, not just her mouth.

"Hey!" She squealed when he began throwing pieces of popcorn at her. "I see, that's what you want huh?" And so their popcorn fight began but quickly ended when Eury held his hands in the air and caught his eyes.

"I have a better suggestion," she said.

Van's eyes lit up with anticipation and a knowing look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She quickly realized why, and she hit him on the arm instantly, an action she regretted right away. "Really, Van? Really?"

Van only burst into laughter at her blushing face. "I'm not a perv, okay?"

She did not reply.

"Unless you want me to," he added jokingly.

That granted him another hit on the arm but lighter and obviously with hesitance. Nonetheless, they ended up laughing their hearts out.

"So what's your better suggestion?" Asked Van.

"Let's head to bed and talk about anything until we fall asleep. What do you think?"

"Lovely."

Eury then led him to her room and went straight to the bathroom to get their toothbrushes.

"What's that?" Asked Van, standing by the bathroom door.

She turned to him and handed him his brush. He followed and then they were standing side by side in front of the mirror, brushing their teeth.

Eury did not tell him that she always wanted to do this. It was a simple act of doing something together, but isn't it the simple things that are the most memorable?

She observed him through his reflection, and she almost could not hide the pain of seeing him so frail and far from how he was three years ago. He looked happy; that's great. Although, his face was still a bit swollen and so was his neck.

She did not want to entertain negative thoughts because she had to be strong for him, but there are just times when she can't help thinking about his future.

"Are you crying?"

Van had finished already and she still had her toothbrush in her mouth.

"What? Me? Oh. No. I'm just sleepy." She hurriedly washed her mouth and face, and told him she'll wait for him on the bed instead.

Eury stared at the vial in her hand as she waited for Van to come in to the room. Flashback from their early teenage years unstoppably came back to her. He had always really loved her, she thought.

Is this really our life?

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Asked Van jokingly. They wanted to take a break from the heavy topic a while ago.

"Am I not a grown-up yet?" Eury answered with a laugh. Van held her hand and put an arm around her shoulder.

"No, seriously. 'Cause I remember that you wanted to become a teacher when we were kids." It was true, and the option was never taken out the list because she had always wanted to share knowledge and experiences and as she grew up, she admired how important the work of a teacher is. "How about now? What do you plan to do after you graduate?"