Finding Out

You hadn't been feeling very well the past couple days, but you didn't tell Niall. The boys' eighteen month break was almost over and all four of them were busy getting ready for a small UK & Ireland Tour that was coming up. You knew Niall needed to focus, be at rehearsals, and get ready for life back on the road. You didn't want to distract him or have him worrying about you not feeling well.

Niall was currently at rehearsals and you had spent the morning tidying up around the house. You picked up the living room, did some laundry, and did the dishes. By the time you were done you were completely exhausted, even though none of the chores you did were too strenuous.

You decided to take a break by making yourself a cup of tea and curling up on the couch. You made the tea and took a seat on the couch. You had an uneasy feeling in your stomach but you couldn't put your finger on it. It was almost like you needed to throw up but you couldn't figure out what it was from. You hadn't been feeling sick so you didn't think it was the flu. Everything seemed normal except you were a little more tired than usual and occasionally you would get a nauseous feeling.

You laid down and rested your head on the pillow as you covered yourself up with the blanket that was thrown over the arm of the sofa. A few minutes later Conor, the golden retriever puppy Niall got you for Christmas jumped up on the sofa and curled up next to you under the blanket. You were woken a few hours later when Niall came home.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Niall asked as he saw your small frame curled up on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little tired." You said softly.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're really pale, babe." He said as he looked at you with worry in his eyes.

"Well..." you began. You didn't want to lie to Niall. You couldn't tell him you were fine because you weren't. But you also didn't want him to worry about you because he needed to focus on the band and his career.

"Well? Well what? Is there something I don't know?" He asked.

"I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple days. But I didn't want to say anything to you. It's nothing really. I just have been a little more tired and weak than usual. And occasionally I get this feeling like I need to throw up." You said, trying to downplay it as much as you could so Niall wouldn't worry.

"Babe, I want you to tell me stuff like that. I would have stayed home and taken care of you, Princess." Niall said.

"No, you need to rehearse for the tour. I can't let me being sick get in the way of your job." You said.

"Babe you will always be the most important thing in my life. And it's just rehearsals. It's not like I would miss a show or anything." Niall said.

"I'm okay, Niall. I really am." You said.

Just then you felt that uneasy feeling in your stomach and you sat up and quickly ran to the bathroom. You kneeled down next to the toilet as you began to throw up.

A few moments later you felt Niall's hand rubbing your back gently as he pulled your hair into a make shift pony with his other hand and held it out of the way for you.

He stayed right there with you until you felt like you couldn't throw up any more.

"You're okay, huh?" He asked giving you a questioning look.

"Okay maybe I'm a bit sick...I'm sorry you had to watch that." You said.

"Hey, in sickness and in health right?" Niall said giving you a small smile as he ran his finger over the diamond ring on your left hand.

You stood up and walked over to the sink. You reached for your toothbrush so that you could brush your teeth and get the nasty taste out of your mouth.