Telling the Family: Niall's Family

The following week the boys' tour rolled through Dublin, which meant you and Niall would get to spend some time with his family while you were in the area. There was a four day break between the U.K. shows and the Ireland shows. Liam, Louis, and Harry stayed in the U.K. to go to their home towns and spend time with their own families. You and Niall, however, flew straight to Ireland so that the two of you could spend some time with Niall.

Niall pulled into the driveway of the house he grew up in. He turned the car off and smiled as he looked at the front of the home.

"You ready to tell them?" You asked as you looked over at him.

"I am. Mum is going to be over the moon!" Niall said as his lips curved into a smile.

You saw the front door open as Niall's mum came rushing over to the car.

"Niall! Y/n! How are you my loves?" She asked.

She stepped towards Niall first, and pulled him into a warm and loving embrace. You could see how happy she was to have Niall home.

"Y/N, come here dear. Give your mother-in-law a squeeze!" She said holding her arms open for you.

You smiled as you stepped towards her and wrapped your arms around her. You loved hugging Maura because she gave the absolute best hugs, next to Niall of course. She was just a warm and loving woman, and it was obvious every time you were around her.

You walked around to the back of the car where Niall was unloading the bags. You reached to grab your bag and went to lift it out of the trunk.

"Hey! You don't need to carry that, I'll get it." Niall said as he took the bag out of your hand.

"Niall, it's okay. I can lift it." You said.

"Babe, I don't want you to hurt yourself. You shouldn't lift heavy things like that. What if you hurt yourself or the baby?" He said quietly.

You looked back to make sure Maura hadn't heard what Niall said.

"Niall, I'm not completely helpless. I'm pregnant, not disabled." You said as you looked up at him with a slightly annoyed expression.

"I know princess. I just don't want you to hurt yourself." He said as he leaned in and gave you a gentle peck on the lips.

"Niall, let me help you with those." Chris, Niall's step-father, said as he came over to the car.

"Thanks," Niall said as he handed Chris one of the bags.

You sat down on the sofa in the living room. Niall sat next to you and placed his hand on your leg. He began talking about golf with Chris, a conversation you soon got bored with. You heard Maura in the kitchen and decided to offer her a hand.

"Maura, is there anything you need help with?" You asked as you entered the kitchen.

"Oh no, dear. I have it all covered, but thank you." She said.

"Are you sure? I feel bad that you're in here working and the rest of us are just sitting and visiting." You said.

"If you want to get the plates out of the cupboard up there, you could set the table for me while I go clean up quick." She said.

"Of course," you said.

She set the kitchen towel she had in her hand on the counter before leaving the kitchen to go change into nicer clothes.

You turned to the cupboard she pointed to where the plates were. They were just out of your reach. Without thinking much about it, you climbed onto the counter so that you could get the plates out of the cupboard.