Niall Talking & Singing to the Bump

You were laying in bed trying to get to sleep. You kept tossing and turning from one side to the other. You just couldn't get comfortable because of the pain in your back and the babies kicking. You were enjoying one of the last nights in your comfortable king size bed with the memory foam mattress in your master suite downstairs before you and Niall started sleeping in the queen bed upstairs next to the nursery.

You heard the door to your bedroom open and turned to see Niall walking in. He had been gone all night for work with the boys and you were relieved to finally see him.

"Bad night?" He asked as he saw the look on your face.

"I've been hurting all night. The babies won't stop kicking and my back is killing me." You said.

"Why aren't you using your pregnancy pillow my mum got you?" He asked.

"Because it's all the way up in the nursery, and I can barely walk with this back pain." You said.

"I'll go get it for you, okay?" He said.

He leaned down and kissed your forehead and then left the room. He returned a minute later with the pillow in his hand. He positioned it behind your back and you instantly felt relief from it.

"Thanks, Ni." You said as you smiled at him.

"You're welcome, princess. Anything else you need before I climb into bed?" He asked.

"Just some cuddles." You said smiling.

"You can have cuddles." He said smiling.

You watched him as he slid his jacket off and threw it in the hamper. Then he reached up and grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled it off over his head. He unbuttoned and unzipped his jeans and slid them down his legs and added them to the pile of clothes in the hamper, before pulling on a pair of black Nike sweatpants to wear to bed.

He crawled into his side of the bed and laid on his side so that he was facing you.

"I'm sorry I was gone all night and wasn't here when you needed me." He said.

"It's okay, I know you have to work a little bit extra now so that you can have time off when the babies arrive." You said.

"I know, but I hate that you're here by yourself a lot and I'm not here to take care of you." He said.

"You're here now, and that's all that matters to me." You said as you smiled over at him.

His lips curved into a smile as he reached over and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. He then ran his hand down your arm to rest on your belly. Without saying a word he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to your baby bump.

"I can't believe how big you are. I feel like if you get any bigger you're going to pop." He said with a chuckle.

"They can come anytime they want. They are running out of room and squishing my bladder. I feel like I spend half my day in the bathroom." You said.

"We just have a few more weeks, and then they will be here. Not much longer now." Niall said as he gently rubbed your bump.

Niall gently rubbed your bump as he began to sing the first verse of Little Things. It was the song he always sang when you couldn't sleep or when the babies were moving a lot. The song calmed both you and the babies down.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me, but bear this in mind it was meant to be. And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me." He sang.

By the time he got to his solo you were already half asleep. You hadn't quite dozed into a full sleep, but your eyes were definitely too heavy to open.

"You never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to. If I let you know, I'm here for you. Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh, I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth. Cause's it you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you..."

You heard him stop singing as he realized that you were asleep, or at least he thought you were asleep. You smiled to yourself as you heard him start talking to the babies.

"Hey guys, it's your daddy here. I just want to tell you guys how much I love you. I can't wait for you guys to get here so that I can meet you and hold you and sing to you and not just through mummy's tummy. But I know you guys need to stay in there and get a little bigger, just don't squeeze your mum's insides too much. I can't wait to meet you guys and to have your little hands wrapped around my fingers. I can't wait til you're older and I can teach you how to play football and golf. Ady, I hope you're beautiful just like your mum. But I know that if you're anything like her I'm going to have to fight to keep the boys away from you. And Aiden I hope you're like me but better. I hope you're kind and smart. If you're anything like me I'm gonna have my hands full with all the shenanigans you'll get into. Just remember that daddy loves you both so much and that's never gonna change." He softly said, as not to wake you up. You then felt him slide your shirt up and felt his soft lips press gently against your skin.

"Goodnight, I love all three of you so much." Was the last thing you heard him say before you drifted to sleep.