First Ultrasound

You noticed that there were two different patterns that were almost identical, but they were just slightly different. Two patterns. Two heartbeats..

"Mr. and Mrs. Horan...I'm going to have to double check once we do the ultrasound, but I think you might have two babies growing inside of you." The doctor said.

Your eyes widened and your lips instinctively curved into a smile as you looked over at Niall. He had a look of complete shock on his face. His face was pale and his eyes were wide. He looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"T-two b-babies? T-twins?" Niall said as he tried to process what he had just heard.

"Like I said I need to see the ultrasound to make sure, but I believe there's two hearts beating." Dr. Y/doctor/n said.

Your doctor finished up her portion of the appointment and then reminded you to stop at the appointment desk and make an appointment with her in four weeks.

You then made your way to the radiology department of the hospital where your ultrasound was going to be held.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman behind the desk said.

"I'm here for an appointment." You said.

"Okay and what is your name?" She asked.

"Y/n Horan." You said.

"Looks like you're here for an ultrasound?" She asked smiling up at you.

"Yes!" You said smiling at her.

"Perfect and will there be anybody joining you in the appointment today?" She asked.

"Yes, my husband is here with me." You said.

"Alright. I will get you guys checked in and one of the staff members will be out once they are ready for you?" She said.

You turned and walked over to where Niall was sitting in one of the chairs of the waiting room. He had his elbows resting on his knees and his hands were holding his face up.

"Are you okay, Ni?" You asked as you looked over at your husband who was still in shock. You put your hand on his back and lightly ran it up and down.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay." He said as he looked over at you.

"Are you sure? You look like you've seen a ghost." You said.

"I'm just a little in shock. I didn't think I was ready for one baby before, and now there might be two babies!" He said, still trying to wrap his head around the news.

"Ni, you don't have anything to worry about. Whether we have one baby or two, I know you're going to be the best dad in the world and there isn't anyone else I would want by my side throughout this journey. No matter what, whether it's just one baby or twins, we'll figure it out together, just like we always do." You said as you leaned over and placed your head on his shoulder.

About ten minutes later one of the staff members came out from the back and smiled as she saw you and Niall.

"Y/n, you can come on back." She said smiling.

You stood up and Niall followed close behind. You followed her to the room where the ultrasound would happen. You felt Niall's hand on your lower back.

You walked into the room and the nurse asked you to take a seat on the bed.

"Okay so to start I'm going to have you go into the bathroom and remove your bottoms. We do this just because we might have to look at your lower abdomen and sometime pants can get in the way of that. Then we will get started." She said.