Baby Shower

You were six weeks away from your due date, and at 34 weeks pregnant with twins it was hard to do anything. You had been spending most of your days either in bed or on the couch wearing one of Niall's shirts and a pair of his sweatpants because they were comfortable.

But today you were going to have to actually get dressed and put makeup on and look like a normal human being because today was your baby shower that Maura and Denise were throwing for you. You had offered to help them plan and set the shower but, they wouldn't let you help with anything. In fact they had instructed Niall to get you out of the house and not bring you back until a little before 2:00 when the shower started.

You and Niall had decided to make a little date out of being kicked out of the house by your family by taking a trip to the London Sea Life Aquarium. You had loved going to aquariums since you were a kid, and there something relaxing to you about looking through the glass and seeing the fish and other sea life.

You were currently in the Ocean Tunnel as you walked hand in hand with Niall. Ahead of you, you saw a family of four looking at a few sea turtles that were swimming by. There was a mom and dad who didn't look much older than you, and then there were two small kids, a boy and a girl, who looked to be about three or four.

"Mommy look at those!" The little girl said as she turned to her mom and pointed at the sea turtles.

"I can't wait until that's us." Niall said into your ear.

You looked over at him and smiled and then looked back at the family of four. You saw yourself in them, and you couldn't wait until Aiden and Addison were finally here so that youcould make memories with them.

After spending the morning at the aquarium you and Niall grabbed a quite bite to eat and then headed back towards the suburb where you and Niall lived. You pulled into the driveway at 1:52.

As soon as the garage door opened, Maura came running over to the car. Niall got out and walked around to open my door for me.

"Hi honey, where is she?" She asked and then smiled when she saw me in the passenger seat. "Ah there she is!"

"Nice to see you too mum." Niall said, a little hurt that his mum was more excited to see you than him.

"Look at you darling! You're glowing!" She said as Niall helped you out of the car. She threw her arms around you and gave you a warm hug once you were safely out of the car.

"Okay, come on inside. Everyone is waiting for you guys!" She said as she took your hand and led you towards the kitchen.

You turned back to look at Niall who just chuckled and followed you and Maura into the house.

"Okay first thing's first. Let's get these on you!" She said as she picked up a ribbon off the counter.

You looked down and saw that it was a little button made of gray, white, and yellow fabric and ribbon with a little elephant in the center of it with "Mommy to Be" underneath the elephant. She carefully pinned it to your shirt before she picked up the second button from the counter and turned to Niall. Niall's was a little more simple, it was just a fabric flower with "Dad to Be" in the center. It didn't have all of the cute ribbons hanging down from it like yours did.

Maura then led you and Niall into the living room where all of the guests were waiting. As soon as you and Niall walked into the room you were met with lots of hugs, "How are yous?" and lots of hands touching your bump.

You got a little nervous about so many people touching your belly. Since you found out you were pregnant, Niall was really the only person who had your permission to touch your bump anytime he wants. You couldn't really explain it...you just didn't like people touching your baby bump.