Cravings

You were curled up on the sofa watching Netflix waiting for Niall to come home. Tonight he had a very important meeting he had to go to with the other boys. While Niall was at work you decided to have a lazy night in because you had been feeling pretty tired lately.

You had a bowl of chocolate ice cream and a jar of sweet pickles. It was something you had been craving all the time lately. The idea of eating those two things together made Niall want to throw up, but it was something that hit the spot for you.

You were in your favorite pair of pajama pants and one of Niall's white t-shirts curled up with a fleece throw on the sofa and you and Niall's golden retriever laying on the couch next to you with his head on your lap next to your belly.

You were in the middle of binge watching your favorite TV show when you saw headlights coming up the driveway. You smiled knowing that Niall was finally home after spending all night in the heart of London working.

A few minutes later you heard the door in the kitchen that led to garage open and you heard Niall put his keys down on kitchen island.

"Babe? I'm home!" Niall called from the kitchen.

"In the living room!" You called back to him.

You smiled as you looked over and saw your husband walk into the living room.

"Hey baby!" Niall said before he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on your lips.

"Are you eating pickles again?" Niall asked after he pulled away from the kiss.

"Pickles and chocolate ice cream!" You said smiling up at him with a huge grin on your face.

"Babe that is so nasty!" Niall said as he took a seat next to you on the sofa.

"It might sound gross but it tastes amazing! Me and the babies love it!" You said as you placed your hand on your bump which seemed to get a little bigger every day.

"I can't wait for you to have these babies so this weird chocolate pickle craving is over. I mean last week you were eating Oreos and pickles...together! That's disgusting!" Niall said.

"Ni, you know I can't help it. My body just craves certain things." You said.

"Certain things that happen to be disgusting when paired together." He said.

You smiled and leaned your head on Niall's shoulder as he wrapped and arm around you. The two of you watched another episode before you heard a rumbling sound come from your stomach.

"Sounds like someone's hungry." Niall said smiling at you.

"I am. Would you go get me some more chocolate ice cream?" You asked.

"Of course, I'll be right back." Niall said as he got up from the couch and headed into the living room.

He came back into the room a few minutes later with a beer, a bag of Lays, and a bowl of ice cream. Vanilla ice cream.

"Niall I wanted chocolate ice cream." You said looking over at him.

"We don't have any. All we have is vanilla." Niall said.

He sat down on the couch and got comfortable as he took a drink from the beer and grabbed a few chips in his fingers.

You looked down at the bowl of vanilla ice cream. You decided to give it a try. Maybe it would taste okay. You were wrong. It wasn't nearly as good as chocolate ice cream.

"Babe..." you said looking over at Niall.

"Hmm." He said as he kept his eyes locked on the TV.

"Do we have any chocolate syrup?" You asked.

"I think there's some in the cupboard over the sink." He said.

You smiled and looked down at the ice cream. Then you looked back over at Niall. You were so comfortable and your feet were killing you today. You really didn't want to get up to go get the syrup.

Niall glanced over and smiled at you before turning back to the TV. Then he realized that you were still looking at him so he looked back over at you.

"What?" He asked.

"Will you go get the syrup for me?" You asked.

"You're serious?" Niall asked, hoping it was a joke.

"My feet are killing me, Ni!" You said as you looked over at him giving him the puppy dog look that you knew Niall couldn't say no to.

"No. I'm comfortable and just got home. You can go get it." He said turning back to the TV.

"Please." You said as you put your bottom lip out in a pout.

"Fine." Niall said as he sighed and set his beer on the coffee table before standing up. He walked into the kitchen and came back a minute later with the bottle of chocolate syrup. He handed it to you before taking a seat on the couch next to you.

"You're lucky I love you." He mumbled under his breath.

"I love you too." You said smiling as you poured the syrup onto your ice cream.