Pregnancy Complications

You sat on the plane as you looked out the window at the lights below you. You were about to land in the U.S for the first time in months. You hadn't been home since before you found out you were pregnant. You also hadn't seen your family since then, and you were so excited to finally have your family around you. You were particularly excited to have your mom and sister with you so that they could give you a little advice on pregnancy and being a mother.

"We're almost there!" Niall said as he smiled at you.

"Yes! I can't wait to see them. It's been way too long since I've seen them!" You said as you looked over at him with a smile.

The plane landed twenty minutes later and once you got the okay to exit the plane from the pilot you rushed off as fast as you could without hurting you or the babies. You headed into the airport to find your parents who were supposed to be waiting for you. Niall followed closely behind you as he carried both of your bags.

You walked into the airport and looked around for any sign of your parents. You looked at the friends and families waiting to greet their loved ones but you were a little disappointed when you didn't see your parents' faces in the crowd.

"Y/n! Niall! Over here!" You heard your mother's familiar voice say.

You turned your head towards the sound of her voice and smiled as you saw your parents standing off to the side, back a little way from the crowd.

You hurried over to them and rushed to your mom's arms.

"Mom, it's so good to see you!" You said as you wrapped your arms around her and laid your head on her shoulder.

"I know sweetie, it's so good to see you too." She said as she held you tightly and enjoyed having you in her arms for the first time in months.

"Niall, how are you son?" You heard your dad say.

You opened your eyes to see Niall and your dad shaking hands. You then let go of your mom and turned towards your dad.

"Hi sweetheart!" Your dad said as he opened his arms towards you. You smiled as you stepped into his warm embrace. You had always been a daddy's girl, and it felt so good to be in your dad's arms again.

"Woah! That's new!" Your dad said as he stepped back and looked down at your bump.

"Yeah, it's definitely getting big!" You said as you looked down at your stomach.

"Can I feel it?" Your mom asked excitedly.

"Of course." You said and smiled as you watched your mom's face light up as she carefully put her hands on your baby bump.

"I can't believe how big you are! My tiny little girl isn't so tiny anymore!" She said as she looked up at you.

"Not with these two inside of me!" You said as you put your hands on your bump.

After your mom was done adoring your baby bump, the four of you headed home. When you arrived at the house your siblings were waiting for you and they all welcomed you with lots of hugs and "I missed you's!"

It was later on that night just before bed when you started having some cramps. You brushed it off not thinking much of it.

You had just changed into a pair of Niall's Nike sweatpants and white t-shirts when you started having really bad cramps again just ten minutes after the other episode of cramps. Except this time they didn't feel like cramps. This pain was sharper and a lot more intense.

You put your hands on your stomach and it was harder than a rock. You felt your heart start to race as you realized something was happening with the babies. You toughed out the pain and tried to just take deep breaths to get through it. After about a minute the pain went away and your stomach softened a little bit.