Mood Swings

A few nights later Niall was planning on going out with the guys. He had talked to you about it before making the plans, and you were fine with it. You knew he had been stressed and could use a night out with the guys. But as you were sitting on your bed watching your husband get ready to leave for the night you had a change of heart.

"Babe, do you have to go out?" You asked.

"Y/n, we talked about this and you said it was fine." He said as he looked over at you.

"I know. It's just...it seems like you're always gone. Can't you just stay home tonight and take care of me?" You asked.

"Babe I've been doing nothing but taking care of you. I get you everything you want. I do the errands so you don't have to walk around shops and make your legs swell. Just let me have this one night with the boys." Niall said.

You knew it was the hormones from the pregnancy but you stood in your bedroom looking across the room at your husband and started tearing up. You tried to hold it in, but you couldn't.

"Baby? Why are you crying?" Niall asked as he walked over to you.

"Because you're never here! You're always gone!" You shouted at him as you went from upset to angry.

"Baby! Shh! Come here!" Niall said as he pulled you into his arms.

You wrapped your arms around his torso and leaned your head against his chest as he soothingly rubbed your back to help you feel better.

"Y/n, please stop crying." He said softly.

"I-I c-can't h-help it." You said through your sobs.

"Shh! Please calm down, princess. I hate when you cry." He said.

You finally got yourself calmed down and you felt your cheeks get red from embarrassment. You just had a breakdown over nothing. These pregnancy emotions and mood swings were terrible.

"I'm sorry, Niall. I didn't mean to start crying. It's the hormones. I'm sorry." You said.

"It's okay. I understand, baby. I just want to make sure you're okay." He said.

"I'm okay." You said as you tried to convince him that you were okay.

"So it's okay if I go out with the guys?" He asked.

"Yeah, go ahead. Go have fun." You said smiling up at him.

"Okay. I shouldn't be gone too long. I'll come home and we can cuddle before bed, okay?" He suggested.

"Sounds perfect." You said.

"Okay, I love you!" He said as he leaned down and gently pressed his lips to yours. Then he bent down and placed a small kiss to your belly. "Daddy loves you guys too!"

You smiled seeing Niall interact with your belly and the babies. It was something that always warmed your heart no matter how crazy your emotions were.

"I'll be home in a few hours, okay?" He said looking into your eyes.

You smile and nodded as you watched Niall walk out of the house. You waited up for Niall until about 1 but you couldn't stay up any longer than that because you were too tired. So you went to bed without a goodnight kiss from Niall.

The next day you woke up and rolled over expecting Niall to be in the bed next to you, but he was nowhere to be found. As soon as you sat up you got a nauseous feeling in your stomach. You got up off the bed and hurried to the bathroom.

Halfway to the bathroom you tripped and fell to the floor. Luckily you got your hands out in front of you in time to catch yourself so that your stomach didn't hit the floor. You turned and looked towards your feet to see what you had tripped over.