8- Runny Eggs

Recap-

"You won't throw up while I'm driving baby girl," he chuckled and we went to his car. Before we actually got in a five foot radius of the car, a big fancy black SUV pulled up, and Blake and Axel jumped out of it.

"What the fück are you two doing here?" Jackson looked really angry as he growled at the twins.

******

"We're here to get Emma, she's ours," Blake growled and I could've sworn his eyes changed from green to black. Weird.

"She's mine," Jackson roared.

"No, she's-"

"I'm not anyone's!" I yelled indignantly. "I'm my own person, not a belonging that's being passed between you all! Now, all I need is to get home, so can one of you just drive me there?"

"I will."

"We will."

"I'll just go with Blake and Axel, their car is here," I rolled my eyes as the twins grinned in satisfaction. "See you tomorrow Jackson." I patted his chest and walked over to the twins' car. I jumped into the back seat and waved goodbye to Jackson as Blake drove off.

In the car, there was an awkward silence at first before Axel broke it. He was sitting next to me, while Blake was in the driver's seat.

"Why were you at his house?" Axel asked.

"Why do you care?" I answered.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Why do I have to tell you?"

"Why-"

"Shut up," I heard Blake say.

"I was at his house for a project, I told you that at the end of school," I stiffened as Axel wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Then why do you smell like steak?" he moved his nose so it touched my neck and took in a deep breath.

"'Cause I made him and his buddies dinner," Axel moved his mouth to speak but I just slapped my hand over his mouth. "Say anything more about the situation and I will jump out of this car and walk home."

"M'kay," his voice was muffled.

"So, what'd you cook for them?" Blake said cautiously.

"Steak," I heard a groan come out of his mouth. "And potatoes."

"Baby," Axel kissed my head. "You ever going to cook for us?" He made puppy dog eyes at me.

"Of course Mr. Savage," I couldn't resist snuggling into his chest. He smelled really good. "As long as you stop being such a big dick."

"Anything for you angel," I heard Blake chuckle from the front.

"Oh here's my house, wait how'd you know where I lived?"

"That's a secret for another day," Axel kissed my nose.

"Stalker," I said under my breath.

"Your stalker," Blake turned his head and smiled at me. I couldn't resist smiling back at him.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow," I opened the car door.

"Bye baby," Axel hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Bye angel," Blake unbuckled his seat belt and moved so that he could kiss my other cheek. I jumped out of the car and walked to my front door, and once I unlocked it, I waved goodbye to them. They pulled away once they saw that I was inside the house. My eyes drooped as I realized how much homework I had to do. I hate school.

The next day, I grabbed a random outfit with a shirt that probably made me look like a tomato. I put on a pair of blue jeans and some comfy red sneakers. I should probably skip my normal gymnastics practice in the morning, considering what happened last time.

With a frown on my face, I jogged downstairs and grimaced at the sight of my breakfast. As punishment for being late yesterday, I had to eat sunny-side up eggs for breakfast for the next few days. I hate sunny-side up eggs. I hated them because sunny-side up eggs had a runny yolk, and those made me want to throw up.

"Here are your delicious eggs and sautéed mushrooms!" my mom sang as she placed a plate full of the monstrosities in front of me. Also, did I mention that I had mushrooms too? Well I hate them! They have an earthy flavor that doesn't go down my stomach well, or maybe it's just because my mom drowns them with too much thyme.

"Great," I took my fork and cut a piece of the egg. "Is there any salt on it?"

"No."

"Can I get some?"

"No, this is your punishment, yucky food," my mom smiled as she prepared some toast for herself. I looked over to see my dad walk in, with some shaving cream on his cheek, just like yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that....

"Daddy, can you help me eat this?" I begged with big puppy dog eyes.

"No dear," he put his face in my mom's hands and she wiped off the shaving cream, just like they did everyday.

"Fine," I shoveled the gross eggs and mushrooms into my mouth all at once and held my nose so I wouldn't taste them.

"See, trying new things is nice," my mom grinned.

"Shufjdksh," I opened my mouth to reveal the chewed up bits of food to my mom.

"Gross," she wrinkled her nose and used her hand to close my mouth.

"Oo I should go!" I swallowed and looked at my phone. "See you later!"

"Bye dear," my dad was eating his gross breakfast of pumpernickel bread and almost burnt sausages. He said that when they were cooked black, then they were at peak deliciousness.

I drove to school and parked my car in a spot. I still had twenty minutes till class so I decided to wander around. Oddly, a large forest was behind the school's field. I sometimes took short walks there because there were no people there, which meant I could just sit there, alone. I liked to get away from everyone because too much socializing made me want to take a nap.

I slung my backpack higher up my shoulder and strode into the forest, yawning. I took in a whiff of the air, it smelled like nature. For some reason, one of the trees was extra comfortable so I laid my back against it and closed my eyes. I took out my phone, turned on a Ariana Grande song, and moved my head along with the beat.

I had napped for about ten minutes before I heard a rustling in the woods. I heard a growl, and my eyes snapped open. Was that an animal? Unlike most horror movie victims, I shut my mouth, and laid as still as possible. A humongous black wolf jumped out of a tree. Its fur was the exact same color as Blake and Axel's hair. It was way bigger than any wolf I had seen online, it looked like it took steroids. Surprisingly, it didn't attack me, but rather walked over to me and laid its head on my knees. Tentatively, I used my hand to rub its head, and it purred.

"You're like a big cat," I giggled as the wolf wrinkled its nose as if it didn't agree. Its fur was soft, and as it looked up at me, I realized something. Its eyes were the same exact shade of green that Blake and Axel's were. While I was debating that with myself in my head, an exactly identical wolf came out of the trees and walked over to me, it had a chain necklace around its neck. Its eyes were the same exact color.

I flipped over the necklace on his neck, and read it. (above)

There was only one word.

A name.

Emma.

******