10- Running Away

Author's Note

Anyways, here's another chapter, hope you enjoy it.

Vote, comment, share!

******

Recap-

"What are you oh," Aaron glared at the two. I watched as they met up with two girls, who kissed their cheeks. A tinge of jealousy filled me as I saw that they had hugged the twins tightly.

Who were they?

And why were they touching Blake and Axel?

Not that I'm jealous.

Well, maybe a little.

******

I glared at Blake and Axel as they sat down at a table with the two girls. A weird feeling of jealousy filled me as I watched them talk to each other. The only time I had felt like this was when someone else beat me in a gymnastics contest when I was seven.

"Do you want to go?" I looked over to see Aaron staring at me.

"Sure, let's go," I pushed myself out of my seat, shoved the rest of the fries in my cup into my mouth and threw away the trash. Aaron linked his arm with mine, and we speed-walked out of the food court. But before we could leave, I heard a very familiar voice.

"Angel, what are you doing here?" I knew it was Blake's voice, but I didn't turn around, I just pushed Aaron's back so that we were half-running, half-walking.

"Go, go, go, go," I chanted as we went in the direction of the parking lot. People were staring at us as we ran past all of the stores. I frowned as I saw that we passed Urban Outfitters. Their stuff was overpriced, but it was still one of my favorite stores. We waited a second for the mall's automatic doors to open before we went to the direction of our car. Of course we had parked it in the back of the humongous parking lot. Before we could turn the corner to see our car, I felt myself being lifted in the air.

"Why are you running, baby?" I could feel Axel breathing down my neck.

"I have to go," I tried to get out of his arms, but he tightened them and slung me over his shoulder. "Put me down!"

"Nope, you can go home with us," I heard Blake's voice, but I couldn't see him. I felt like I was on a tower because he was so tall.

"Put me down, or I'll rip your hair off!" I tugged his head.

"It's okay, I think I look good bald," Blake chuckled and patted my back.

"I'll never talk to you again," I smacked his head.

"Fine," he put me down on the ground. But before he could say or do anything, I ran over to Aaron and he picked me up so we could go to his car. He ran so fast that I could feel my hair flying. 

"Get in! Get in!" he yelled and I pushed open the door and jumped in. Aaron pulled out the car and drove away. In the window, I could see the angry eyes of Blake and Axel as we drove away.

"That was close," I sighed and laid against the car seat.

"Yep," Aaron scratched his head and huffed out a breath.

"Moving on," I thought about something. "Why weren't you in school today?"

"I had some training for football," he blinked rapidly.

"Then why were all the other students absent? And why did I see a few of the guys on the team at school?" I had known him since I was little, I knew when he blinked like that, he was lying.

"Fine," he huffed out a breath. "All of the students were chosen to help with a project, but I can't tell you what it is."

"Surrrre," I squinted my eyes and took out my phone. "My mom's texting me, I have to get home soon."

"'Kay we're almost there," he turned the car and stopped in front of my house.

"Goodbye loser!" I waved and ran out the car. I could hear his laughing as I tripped on the sidewalk and fell onto the grass. I spat out a bunch of grass and pushed myself up. I really should've known better to run in a pair of slippery sandals. I turned my head back, glared at Aaron, who was still in his car, and went inside of my house.

"Where have you been all afternoon?" my mom had flour all over her face and apron.

"At the mall," I dropped my bags on a couch and ran to the kitchen to see what she was doing. The kitchen was a mess; pots and pans were strewn everywhere and a bunch of plates were set out. I could smell the sweet scent of honey ham being roasted and the garlicky smell of my mom's famous green bean dish. "Why are you cooking so much food?"

"People are coming over, a lot of people," my mom ran over to the stove and mixed something in a pot. She had every burner on, and they were all cooking things that smelled delicious. "Now, help me mash the potatoes."

"Lemme just get an apron." I grabbed one off of a hook on the wall and ran over to mash the potatoes. At least they were peeled, I hated peeling potatoes. For the next two hours, we sautéed onions, caramelized apples and cinnamon, and did every type of cooking possible. "How many people are coming?" I asked as I sat on a kitchen stool and placed the green beans so that they looked très chic, as my mom put it.

"About fifteen other people," I groaned. "Shh they're all your classmates and their parents. We're discussing the dance."

"But why our house?" I whined.

"Stop being a little baby," she patted my head. "No go clean up, you're a mess."

"Okay," I took off the apron and went upstairs to my room. As I opened my closet, I grabbed the first thing I saw and put it on. It was a black romper that was backless and showed some of my cleavage. I put on some black and silver jewelry and brushed my hair. I didn't have enough time to curl it or do anything pretty so I just let it hang down my back.

When I was walking down the stairs, I heard a bunch of voices. The people probably had came by now. I peeked behind a wall and frowned when I saw who was there.

Blake, Axel, and Aaron were there, along with a bunch of people that I didn't really know well.

This was going to be a long dinner.

******