24- A Punch or Two

Author's Note

I find this gif ^ so funny, even though it looks like it hurts a lot.

(From Teen Wolf)

******

Recap-

"I know," he (Aaron) winked. "You always wear my sweatshirt when you feel bîtchy."

"It's my sweatshirt," I wrinkled my nose.

"Really? Do you want to take a look at the tag on the back and check whose initials are written there?"

"No," I pouted. I was about to say something before I heard a loud ring. "That's the bell, I got to go."

"'Kay, see you later," he kissed me on the cheek. Right after he did that, I hurried off to my homeroom. 

******

Once I walked into the homeroom, I felt Blake and Axel's eyes and attention shift to me. They had left the seat between the both of them empty, and I knew that they thought I would sit there. But there was no way I would even get near them after their behavior yesterday. So, I walked right past them and sat in the back. I could feel their heads turning, but I needed to teach them a lesson. While I was pulling out my folder, I could hear their chairs screeching back as they started to get up. I was about to start freaking out when I heard the bell ring.

"Okay students," my homeroom teacher said, silencing the whole room. "Sit down, I'll take role call." I watched as Blake and Axel reluctantly sat back down. They still had their heads turned towards me, so I just pretended to look interested in my history textbook. When I was rubbing my eyes, I heard someone slide into the seat next to mine. It was Luke.

"Never knew that someone could be so interested in the Persian Empire," he commented while leaning as far as he could into my space.

"It's super interesting," I shot back. "Zoroastrianism, Cyrus the Great-"

"I know when you're lying," he smirked. "Come on, talk to Lukey."

"Seriously," I rolled my eyes and turned away.

"Seriously," he raised his eyebrows. "Let's talk football."

"Arghhhhh," I groaned. "You're on the football team too?"

"Yep," he winked. "Newest member."

"Of course."

"You want to watch me practice... shirtless?" he shot me a grin, and I had to admit, he looked super cute with that mischievous grin on.

"I've already seen you shirtless," I thought back to the memory of him at the beach when he was dared to take off all of his clothes. "It's not amazing."

"You lie," I gasped when I saw that he had put his head on my shoulder. 

"What in the hell are you doing?" I tried to knock his head off, but it was like a five ton stone on my shoulder.

"Bonding," he rubbed his chin against my shoulder. "By the way, I've been meaning to ask..."

"What?" I flicked his cheek with my thumb and pointer finger.

"Whose sweatshirt is this?" he poked me. "It looks ridiculously big on you."

"It's mine," I said. "And if you say anything about it, I swear I'll-"

"Calm down," he patted my shoulder. "I'll shut up about it."

"Thank you," I huffed. The first period bell rang before he could open his mouth again, so I quickly zipped my bag and ran out of the room. I had a class with Aaron right now, so I high-tailed my äss to biology.

******

Aaron was already on his seat when I got to bio, so I plopped down next to him.

"You look even bîtchier than before," he murmured.

"Thank you," I said sarcastically. "I appreciate your compliment."

"Oh come on, you look cute."

"Love that," I leaned my head against his shoulder. "I have no idea why everyone's asking about my sweatshirt though."

"Told you I had good fashion sense," he said, referring to the fact that the sweatshirt had previously been his.

"Oh please," I kicked my leg up and showcased my Uggs. "Look at this style."

"Sure," he scoffed and lifted his leg, showcasing his black Nike sandals. "Look at these."

"You're the one wearing shorts and sandals when it's like negative degrees right now," I pushed his leg down. 

"It's called warm-blooded," he pointed at my chest. "You're cold-blooded."

"I don't think it works like that," I put my head back down on his shoulder. "We're in bio right now too."

"It just shows I got the brains, the fashion sense, and the looks."

"Don't forget the charisma!" I rolled my eyes. This boy's amount of pride was enough for everyone in this whole school.

"Yep."

When Axel and Blake walked in, we both went silent and just watched them walk in. I could've sworn that I saw their eyes flash black when they noticed Aaron and me, but I was probably imagining things. 

They sat down at the table behind us. Each table had two seats, and the two people who sat at each table would work together for labs and projects. Aaron and I had sat next to each other for the past four years, and although he messed up more labs than I could count, he was the only one I could tolerate in this class. Plus, his shoulder was a great pillow.

There was a substitute for class today, so we basically could do whatever we wanted for the period as long as we stayed quiet. I took out my laptop and earbuds so that I could watch the most recent episode of American Horror Story. I could only watch this show in the daylight, because it made me pee my pants when I watched it at night, in the dark. I immediately handed one of the earbuds to Aaron.

We leaned in closer so that we could both see the screen better. I heard someone growling once Aaron put his arm around my shoulder. Before the intro to American Horror Story could even start, there was a whoosh of air besides me. Aaron was thrown at the wall.

Blake and Axel started throwing punches at him, and in a few seconds, Aaron started punching back. He obviously wasn't going to win, because it was two against one, so I grabbed a meter stick. Everyone in the bio class was just watching the three idiots fight, even the teacher. I had no idea how they weren't doing something about the fight.

I grabbed a meter stick and started wapping Blake and Axel on the head.

"OW!" Blake winced.

"Stop baby!" Axel and Blake both stopped fighting. Aaron was just laying on the ground with an incredulous look on his face.

"Ems..." he started.

"Stop fighting!" I hit Axel and Blake in the head again. "What's wrong with you!" I rubbed my eyes.

"I was just..."

"Shut up!" I pulled Aaron up and softly rubbed the big bruise that was forming on his face. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly.

"I'm fine Ems," he answered. 

"Let's get you cleaned up," I gently pushed his shoulder towards the door.

"Baby, I'm so-" Axel started.

"Just stop," I didn't even look back at him.

I could feel how hurt he was, but I was too angry to even care.

******