15- Mornings Are Better With Them

Author's Note

Started school today, and surprisingly all of my classes have at least one of my friends in them. Still hating half of my teachers though.

How was your first day back at school?

******

Recap-

"They're downstairs." Once he said those words, I pushed his back so he would go downstairs. Once we were back in the foyer, I saw that all of them were still there, waiting for me to come.

"Leave," I said nicely.

"We-"

"Leave!" I shoved them along so that they would leave. The front door was still open, so it was easy to just get them to go. "Good bye!" I called after them as I shut the door in their surprised faces. I turned the lock and rubbed my hands on my face. I could only imagine all the trouble that would happen with them all here.

******

On the following Monday, I started the morning as I usually did. The rest of the weekend had passed without a hitch, and I had been able to do everything I had to do. I chose a high-waisted baby blue skirt and paired it with a white crop top. I put on a pair of white converses and made my own breakfast. My parents weren't home, they had left early, so I scrambled some eggs with green onions, and paired that up with half a toasted bagel. I happily ate the food in front of my TV, as I watched some random kids' cartoons that were on in the morning. When I checked my watch, I saw that I still had plenty of time left, so I put my plates in the sink and plopped back on the couch. I flipped through Instagram, and was eating some apple slices.

"Emma!" I heard someone say from outside my door. They then proceeded to do the most annoying thing ever, which was to ring the doorbell so many times that it would probably break.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I tried to push myself up. On my way to the door, I pulled the bottom of my skirt down and readjusted my clothing. "Hello?" I had a pissed look on my face as I opened the door to see Axel's handsome face.

"Hi baby," he grinned and tried to step through. I moved so that I stood in front of him.

"Why are you here?" I huffed.

"I'm taking you to school," he took advantage of my surprise and walked into my house as if he owned it.

"Where's Tweedledee?" I asked, referring to Blake.

"He'll be here soon," he cornered me in the hallway, and braced his arms at the sides of my head. And, although it sounds really weird, I just wanted to put my head in his neck and sniff. "We're here to protect you from Luke." He grimaced as he thought of him.

"I'm not some damsel in distress," I pouted.

"I know," he kissed my cheek. "But I still need to protect you."

"Mmhmm," I pushed away from him and glanced at my phone again, checking the time. "When is Blake coming?" 

"Soon," he grabbed me and sat us both on the couch, me on his lap. "What the hell are you watching?"

"Clarence," I pointed to the chubby blonde boy on the screen. "That's him."

"Why are you watching this?" he said with amusement in his voice. 

"Why not?" I turned my head up so I could stare at him. 

"Touché," he poked my nose and looked back at the TV.

"Your jaw is so sharp," I remarked as I ran a finger down his face. "Ouch, I think I got a paper cut."

"Silly," he kissed the finger that I had held out. The doorbell rang, startling me, and Axel flipped me around and I wrapped my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck. He carried me to the front door, and then opened it, revealing Blake, who smiled when he saw me wrapped around Axel.

"Let's go, eh?" he went inside my house, grabbed my bag and other things.

"Is your car parked out front?" I turned my head to see a black escalade parked in my driveway.

"Mmhmm," Blake opened the door for me and the three of us went over to the car. Axel plopped me in the back seat, and then he moved over to the driver's side door. Blake sat next to me, and clicked my seat belt in for me. I almost hyperventilated when he curled me into his side and kissed the top of my head.

"Your skirt baby," Axel called out from the driver's seat.

"What?" 

"It's too short," Blake ran a hand down my leg. "I would tell you to change if I didn't think it would make you angry."

"Sure," I moved his hand away and laid back against the car seat, watching the window.

When we finally arrived at school, people, especially girls, watched as we all got out. Embarrassingly, Blake carried me out of the car onto the ground. It was a really big car, but I felt like a teddy bear being carried out.

"Emma!" I turned my head to see Jackson waving at me, a rare smile on his face.

"Hey Jackie-Jack," I looked at what he was wearing. "Are you trying to be a shadow, with all of that black on?" He had black pants, black shoes, a black shirt, and a black leather jacket.

"No baby girl," he grinned, and I heard twin growls coming from behind me. "I was wondering when we were going to work on the project."

"Oh," I thought over it for a second. "You can come over to my place after school today."

"'Kay," he sized up Blake and Axel before smirking and strolling away.

"I don't like that guy," Blake muttered.

"We're just working on a project," I patted his cheek. "It's not like we're dating or something."

"We'll make sure of that," Axel murmured.

The three of us sat next to each other in homeroom, and I was trying to explain to Blake how he should do his face paint during a football game, when the whole room stopped talking except for me. I looked up to see what everyone was focusing on, and my jaw dropped when I saw a certain blonde-haired guy smirking at me.

Luke was in my class.

******