36- Oops, we bit you.

Author's Note

A lot of you might hate what's revealed in this chapter, but I thought that this book needed to move faster.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

******

Recap-

I hid myself in a little corner and tried to make myself as small as possible. I would call 911, but I had left my phone on the couch.

I hoped that someone would come to help, but I knew that this was kind of a lost cause.

I just had to wish that they wouldn't find me.

******

I could hear furniture being thrown around, and I hoped that they didn't rip my couch up. I loved my couch. It was basically my boyfriend. Focusing my thoughts on the couch, I tried not to freak out over the fact that there were two wolves currently ripping apart my house.

I heard a loud crash and I knew that that crash was from my bedroom door being broken. I couldn't help the gasp that came out of my mouth. Mentally cursing myself out, I tried to move another jacket in front of me. To my luck, it fell, and the hanger it was on fell and made a loud clang. I was regretting my decision to buy fancy white hangers covered in pearls.

"Shît!" I exclaimed when another shirt fell. I covered my mouth before my stupid äss said something again. Closing my eyes, I prayed to all the gods I knew that I wouldn't die. I've never been religious but it's not like I could rely on my physical capabilities to get me out of this situation with all of my limbs attached to my body.

A few seconds of absolute silence passed before I saw a large paw break my closet door in half. I swear I almost peed my pants.

Two wolves crashed through my door and advanced towards me. I tried to think of what I could do to deter them but I came up blank. I knew that when you encounter a bear, you're supposed to make lots of noise and fight back if they attack you. And there's no big difference between wolves and bears, right?

I sighed before jumping out from behind the clothes hiding me. Screaming loudly and flailing my arms, I tried to be as loud as I could. I probably looked ridiculous, but I didn't care at this point. There were two huge scary wolves in my closet, and I didn't want to be torn apart by them. 

"GET OUTTT!!" I yelled as I tried to scare them away. Predictably, it didn't work. I guess wolves and bears aren't the same. 

When I realized that what I was doing wasn't working, I just stood still, waiting for something to happen. You could say that I just gave up even after the motivational speeches that I had been chanting in my head. But sometimes you just have to accept your fate.

I screamed and tried to back away when one of the wolves jumped on me.

I couldn't even register if I died or not because I blacked out before the wolf even touched me.

******

The first thing I realized when I woke up was that I was not in my house. The room I was in was obviously a man's, judging from the pair of boxers on the drawer and the masculine feel. Whoever had decorated this room had really good style. The gunmetal grey walls and the light oak wood flooring were a nice match to the white, brown, and black furniture. The bed I was in was huge, and extremely comfortable, and if I was in another situation I would probably just lay back down and take a nap. 

The second thing I noticed was a throbbing pain in my neck. I brushed my hand across the left side of my neck, where the pain was, and felt a large welt. When I removed my hand, there was a trace of blood on it. I could also feel teeth marks around it. I pulled the covers off of me and examined my body. I was dressed only in a large T-shirt that looked and smelled like a man's. There were no other marks or injuries on my body.

But there was no way that a wolf would've just left a tiny bite on my neck. That's impossible. So someone must've saved me. And that someone probably brought me to wherever I was at right now. Unless those wolves had miraculously ran away and some murderer or rapist had kidnapped me. 

I was thinking of different ways I got into this situation when the door opened.

"Axel? Blake?" I said in disbelief. They looked surprised to see me awake. "What are you doing here? Wait- what am I doing here?"

"Are you feeling okay?" Axel asked. They moved to my bedside. 

"Yeah, why are you ignoring my question?"

"No pain?" He grabbed my hands and scanned my body.

"Axel?"

"No injuries?"

"Axel?"

"No shock?"

"AXEL!"

"Geez, some shock."

"AXEL, I SWEAR-"

"Yes baby?" he cut me off.

"What am I doing here?"

"Do you remember the wolves?" Blake interjected.

"Yeah, of course," I leaned back against the bed's headboard.

"Well," he and Axel shared an uneasy look.

"Well?" I raised my eyebrows.

"The wolves..." They paused and quickly pulled their clothes off before shifting.

"What... you!" They immediately shifted back into humans and swiftly put their clothes back on.

They had just shifted into the two wolves that I had seen in my closet.

"Let us explain," Blake said.

"Please do so," I sat criss-cross in the middle of the bed. Blake sat to my right and Axel to my left.

"You've been out for the last week," he sighed and ran his hands through his hair. His glorious hair almost distracted me from what he had said. 

"What? A whole week?"

"Yeah, we were all worried about you," Axel clasped my hand and ran his thumb against the back of it.

"Oh- okay," I stammered. "Can you continue?"

"Both Axel and I were in heat for the last week, and when we go into heat, we get a little... crazy." Blake sighed. "And since this is our first ever heat with our mate close by... we got even crazier."

"Okay, but that still doesn't explain why you crashed into my house..." I paused. "And probably destroyed it."

"You're our mate, so when we got near you," he ran a hand down his face. "We couldn't control ourselves."

"What are you talking about?"

"Please don't be angry but we marked you."

"WHAT?!"

Those three words echoed in my head.

We marked you.

******