19- Fainting

Author's Note

Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving!

******

Recap-

"Are you all up for a game of...." I trailed off and stared when I saw that they were all removing their shirts. They revealed their muscular chests and defined six packs. "Oh."

"Let's play," Aaron smirked and ran a hand down his chest.

This was going to be a very interesting game of football.

******

"There's six of us," I started. "Who's going to separate us into two teams?"

"How about Axel, you, and me on one team?" Jack asked. "And Luke, Aaron, and Blake on the other?"

"Okay," I said quickly before anyone could protest. "Let's start!" The two different teams huddled up and discussed what positions we would all play. In the end, Axel was the quarterback, Jack the linebacker, and me the wide receiver. I was okay at football, but I was still scared to play against all of the guys. All of them were taller than six feet (~183 cm) and I knew that I couldn't tackle them without breaking a bone or two. 

A few minutes later, when all of us were ready, we pointed out which side was whose goal and started. Our team was supposed to score on the left side, the other team on the right. Luke kicked the ball at us, and Axel caught it and started running left. This was my cue to run in the same direction, but as I was running, Luke grabbed me, rolled us around, and quickly laid us both on the ground.

"Was that a tackle?" I tried to push myself off of him.

"Yes," I was laying on top of him, my head tucked under his chin. "I didn't want you to get hurt."

"Seriously?" I sighed and resumed my struggle against him, but his arm was super strong and it felt like he had glued us together. "Can you get off of me?"

"We need to talk."

"About what?" 

"You know," he paused. "About what happened."

"Right now? Are you psycho?" In no way was I ready to discuss about how I had walked in on him killing someone while he had his arms wrapped around me.

"Emma, I-"

"Touchdown!!!!" I quickly turned my head to see Blake happily and jumping up and down with the ball in his hands. Luke let me go and I immediately stood up and ran back to where all the guys were standing.

"Congrats," I sheepishly said at Blake, who in return grinned triumphantly.

"No sweat." I rolled my eyes at Blake's words.

"Restart!" Axel wiped his arm across his forehead, and I paused a second to admire his shiny muscles. I swallowed and bit my lip. "No need to drool baby." 

"Huh?" I blushed and cringed as I realized that he had caught me checking him out. I hadn't realized that I'd been blatantly staring at him for the past few seconds.

We were about to start the next game when I heard a low growl behind me. I turned around to see a wolf with grayish brown fur. It was baring its teeth and also looked really angry. I didn't know that much about animals, but I was smart enough to realize that this wolf was not happy to see me. Cautiously, I took a small step back. Fear had spread through my body, and I forgot where I was. All I could see was the wolf. The weird thing was that it seemed to make eye contact with the guys behind me, as if it had met them before.

"Stay still," I heard someone whisper. But even though I tried my hardest, my hands starting shaking. And, at the worst moment, I felt something in my nose and I sneezed. The wolf lunged and jumped, but me, being the dumb person I was, just closed my eyes in shock. I braced myself for the feel of claws against me but it never came.

"Ems," I opened my eyes when I heard Aaron's voice. What I saw made me faint.

Literally, I lost my consciousness like people did in the movies.

The last thing I had seen was a wolf ripping the grayish brown wolf apart.

******

When I finally woke up, I was laying in my bed. I quickly sat up, and in doing so, I bonked my forehead against something, or should I say, someone.

"Ow!" I rubbed my forehead and looked down to see Blake rubbing his chin. He had been leaning over me, and I had bonked him when I moved.

"Sorry," my voice was hoarse and it hurt to speak. "Can I get some water?"

"Of course angel," he stretched to get a glass of water from my nightstand. "Here." He put the glass under my mouth and I drank it like a little kid. It even had a straw in it.

"What happened?" I said after I had cleared my throat and drank half of the glass.

"A wolf tried to attack you and you fainted," Blake answered. 

"How many wolves were there?" I asked, remembering what I had seen.

"Only one."

"Are you sure?" I wrinkled my eyebrows.

"Of course angel," Blake coughed and turned his head away.

"I could've sworn I saw two wolves, but whatever." 

"You're fine," Blake and I both looked up to see a worried Aaron in the doorway. His hair was sticking up in adorable tufts, as if he had ran his hands through it.

"I'm good, just a little tired," and on cue, I yawned. "I think I'm just going to sleep, you should all go back home."

"But-"

"Your mom's going to be worried," I laid back down and curled under the covers. "Tell everyone I'm fine, I'm too tired to do anything."

"Fine," he grumbled and I heard him leaving the room.

I was closing my eyes when I felt the bed shift and saw Blake getting under the covers with me.

"What are you doing?" I turned my head towards him.

"Sleeping with you." The room went dark after he switched my lamp off.

"Why?"

"Shhhhhh," he curled up next to me, wrapped his hand across my waist, and pulled me close to his chest. "Go to sleep."

"Okay, Mr. Bossy."

******