Chapter 8 - Zak's Confused

ZAK'S POV

What in the world was Jasmine doing outside his bedroom window looking like that? She did look very nice...but that wasn't the point. He shook his head fiercely to try and wake himself up and rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing things correctly.

The sky was still dark and clouds still roamed the skies. Only the moonlight highlighted the soft curve of her hips and shoulders so that he could see her properly. She was very distracting, way too beautiful to be normal, especially in a darkened light. She had wonderful legs, pale but strong, and he knew, though she didn't look it, that she was a strong girl. Maybe she had been a gymnast at her school in Iceland, if there was one. This only intrigued Zak more. God, she had a great body on her for her age.

             He blinked at her, not really taking it in. Looking down with strained eyes, he noticed that his watch said it was 2:08 am! When he said 'See you tomorrow' he didn't mean in the middle of the night! What had she been thinking?!

Jasmine was a very strange girl alright. Her strangeness was alluring. He couldn't help studying her, even now. He climbed out of his bed and went over to the window, yawning, almost tripping over his ball again. He opened his window and stuck his head outside, wind attacking his face and pushing his hair into all angles. It made him shiver.

Wasn't she cold? She grinned at him and waved, obviously oblivious of the time and weather. Her hair blew to the side, showing some of her pale neck and protruding collarbone, almost making him forget what he was about to say to her. Her eyes were shining black right back at him, and he stood there admiring her stance. Why was she so good-looking?!

"What are you doing?" Zak asked her quietly once he was able to find his voice.

            More importantly, how did she get up the tree? There were no lower branches and there was nothing to climb onto to help her up even if she could reach the branches. He knew. He'd tried. He'd tried when he'd snuck out at night to see Gems and had failed dramatically. He had to open the front door instead and got told off for sneaking about and giving his mum a heart attack.

He scratched his head, confused, still half asleep in some ways. His eyes were heavy and tired, his arms almost making him drop onto the floor with the weight.

"I don't know." she replied and pushed her hair out of her eyes with her fingernails. This was the first time she'd done this. He never realised how pretty her eyes were. She had constant dark eyes which were hard to notice in school because of the way her hair was, falling over one of the eyes and shielding her pale face from everyone. When she pulled it back, her eyes were a perfect crystal white which framed a shining black iris. She should have her hair out of her eyes all the time, Zak thought judgingly. It suited her, Mind you, what wouldn't?

"How do you know where I live?" He whispered and held a hand out to her. He didn't want her falling from the tree, his tree of all trees. How bad would that look? If Gems knew that Jasmine visited him, or tried to, he'd be hung and slaughtered. Jasmine wouldn't make it past midday, even if she was in a hospital bed.

Jasmine took his hand, curling her fingers around his palm, and climbed out of the tree into his room, slipping through the window effortlessly, despite the small gap. He dropped her hand again once she was inside, looked at her, looked at himself, who was topless, and searched for a top quickly, blushing with embarrassment and exposure.