Chapter 9 - Jasmine's Meal

Just a warning in advance! This chapter is a little bit more intimate and descriptive than the other chapters. You can happily skip this chapter if it gets too bad, though I've tried to keep it a low profile :D

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Jasmine's stomach growled quietly. Zak's body looked so warm, so tasty. The temptation was eating at her insides as they howled for another taste of his blood. She could still taste him from her last encounter and that just made it ten times worse. It didn't help that she hadn't fed beforehand.

She forced herself to remain still but she couldn't help her fangs growing slightly at the sight of him. His arms were muscular and his stomach was even better. She wanted to touch it, to feel it. She wanted to be in his arms. His whole body screamed athlete. He was so handsome and physically fit and he'd worked hard to get the body he wanted. She admired his determination, though she was sure that Gems had had something to do with it. She was always popping up somewhere.

            She quickly looked away from him and stared at the wall instead. Her fangs disguised themselves once again behind her teeth. She had to think about something other than his blood. Other people's blood made no difference so why was he affecting her so much? Even the heavy beating of his heart was starting to send her loopy.

No. She had to distract herself with something. It had to be something that had nothing to do with feeding. Drinking? No. A ball, a nice round ball would work. The player's blood pumped loudly in her ears...

No. There had to be something else. Shoes. Shoes were good. Okay, shoes.

"I'm cold." Jasmine distracted herself and pulled her arms across her body so that she didn't allow herself to reach out for Zak's neck, a thought all too common for her recently.

"I'm sure you are. It's freezing out there and you haven't got any warm clothes on. What were you thinking coming round in this weather at this time looking like that?" They both got up from the bed and Zak took the sheet off it before he wrapped it around her shoulders.

They sat back down and Jasmine cuddled into the covers, pretending to warm herself up. She tucked her legs up against her chest and could see Zak watching her out of the corner of her eye curiously. "You look nice but it's not going to keep you warm in this weather. That should keep you warm until you need to go."

"Thank you." she said gratefully. He shrugged and fiddled with his fingers. "Feel this." She pressed her hand against his arm and he jumped, almost falling off the bed with the shock. His heat burnt her fingers and she smiled at it. He obviously wasn't expecting such an icy touch so early in the morning.

"You're freezing! Give me your hands right now. Your fingers will drop off if you get any colder, Jasmine. You need to sort out your circulation. Here, put your hands there."

            She dropped her hands into his palms obediently and he held them in his own hands, forcing the heat to burn her fingertips. It was insane how warm he was. Surely that wasn't human. His blood wouldn't keep him warm on that constant temperature.