Chapter 15 - Jasmine's shocker

Pre-warning: This chapter could be seen as a little intimate. Curse Jasmine and Zak's beautiful chemistry ;)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

JASMINE'S POV

That night, Jasmine flew into the air, her misty figure gliding through the hours of darkness once more. It was a warm cloudy sky with no evidence of wind or rain. The moon was hidden, as was the stars, covered in a blanket of greys, going to sleep themselves. It was beautiful and calm. Jasmine almost stopped for a second to admire the beauty that shined down on her at that moment. Unfortunately she had more important things to do and other thoughts quickly overran the atmospheric pull.

It had taken literally seconds to get her victim this time. It was one of the quickest killings she'd ever done, and that was saying something. She was a very fast mover and could kill quicker than anyone imagined possible. She had had enough experience to master these features. It was the drinking of human blood that took the time.

She'd gone into a cosy home with knitted jumpers around the living room, hanging from all over the place, on sofas, chairs, tables, floors, cabinets, draws, doors, mirrors, walls... Anything that could hold the knitted clothing. As she had entered, she saw the family; a man around his 30's, already going bald and grey, smile lines around his wrinkled eyes, creases in his forehead from frowning too deeply, a woman in her late 20's with long curly wavy hair that hung around her shoulders, wrinkles also starting to show on the edges of her face, small, smaller than Jasmine, and she held a small boy with black tufts of hair and dark brown eyes in her arms, who looked around three years old, bubbles of saliva running down his chin.

They were looking after an old lady, shrivelling and grey, wrinkly like a prune, with light blue eyes and large deep red lips that she painted every day, so much that it stained them. She was sleeping upstairs in an armchair with a book in her lap and glasses dangling on a chain around her neck in a lopsided fashion.

She was very close to dying, Jasmine could sense, and so it was a very easy kill for her, despite the family being downstairs. She knew from the look of the fragile little woman that she would have only lasted another few months if that. She was such a delicate creature, her skin like wafer thin translucent paper, veins pulsing under her eyes in blue lines.

Jasmine disguised her mark with make-up from the draw under the mirror in the room once she had killed the old woman with a single bite, drinking the patient dry. She had closed the eyes shut with her fingers, the skin still warm from the blood that had ran through them seconds before, making her look peaceful. Jasmine stood back and studied her handiwork.

It looked as if she'd merely died in her sleep. It really was too easy to do. No one would check the body, she was positive about that. The family knew the old lady was dying. They wouldn't notice the bite until it was too late and she was in her coffin on her way to being buried in the ground.

Afterwards, Jasmine climbed the tree outside a familiar house and entered Zak's bedroom again, her feet lightly balancing her solid form on the shelf. She was as light as a feather as she pressed her toes against the edge, testing her balance. The window was already slightly open as if he was expecting her to visit.