Chapter 30 - Zak's Attacking

How could Darren had done this? He’d kissed her already. That wasn’t right. She couldn’t have been ready for it. He had forced himself on her and she had been made to react. He knew this would happen. He knew it. Darren wasn’t right. He was the opposite to Zak. Darren could never be Zak’s friend if he was like that with Jasmine.

            It was a good thing, really, that he had seen it, otherwise he would have gotten away with it. At first he’d felt shock, not understanding what he was seeing, before he’d realised that she wasn’t kissing him but he was kissing her, quite adventurously too. He hadn’t missed the hands that had touched her body. She’d only put her arms around his neck to prise him off of her.

That was it.

            Tom and Chris had watched as well, yet had done nothing to help her. They were all horrible creatures. Why was he friends with them? The poor girl. She’d just been through a bad experience and now she was being attacked by a boy and no one was saving her. Well he was going to save her. He was her friend and no one was going to take advantage of his friend.

            He noticed that Darren, Tom and Chris were against the wall, behind Jasmine, obviously forcing her to get rid of him. The looks on their faces said it all. They were guilty. Jasmine’s face was set in stone, something he was expecting, seeing as she was a good liar. He had to get around her first to get to Darren. When he was close enough, he was going to introduce Darren to his fist.

            Jasmine stepped forward to meet him as he stormed towards her. He stopped dead in front and gripped her arms, searching her with his eyes to make sure she was okay. Gems should have been with him but he didn’t care about her at the moment.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Zak. Go away.”

“No way. I saw what he did to you.” He cocked his head to the side to see Darren staring wide eyed at him in fright.

“What did he do exactly?”

Zak stared at her as if she was stupid. “He forced himself on you.”

Jasmine put a hand on her hip and glared at him. “Sure he did. How did he? From what I remember, I kissed him.”

Zak blinked in surprise before narrowing his eyes. He wasn’t buying it. She was lying. She had to be. She wouldn’t have kissed him already. Jasmine wasn’t like that. He knew her. He knew what she was. She still had fangs. She wouldn’t risk it. She was still into him, wasn't she? “You don’t have to lie. I saw it with my own eyes. I’m not stupid.”

“You must be, and you might need to have your eyes checked. I kissed him. Whatever you saw was me kissing him, not the other way around.”

“Jasmine.” He lowered his voice and glared at Darren. “I won’t let him hurt you.”

He isn’t hurting me!” She hissed and everything went quiet, the sun disappearing behind clouds, the air going still and thick.

“He was touching you. He was taking advantage.” He said, getting slightly distracted by the sudden change of weather.

“No he wasn’t.” She gritted her teeth.

“I don’t believe you.” He marched around her and surprisingly she let him. Darren stared and swallowed, backing himself up against the wall. Zak raised an eyebrow. “Were you hurting her?”

Darren swallowed and licked his dry lips before shaking his head.

Zak grabbed Darren’s shirt and Tom and Chris quickly moved away as Darren was lifted against the wall.