Chapter 10 - Zak's Early Phonecalls

Something about Jasmine utterly intrigued him. He didn't have a clue what but something just did. Maybe it was the way she was so unexpected, for example, climbing into his bedroom in the middle of the night as if it was a normal action to do on a school night for someone who had only known him for a day.

Zak couldn't help but smile at the thought of her, though, regardless of her crazy ideas. Anything to do with Jasmine made him happy, even if she was only keeping him company. She pushed the boundaries and made him feel special in ways he didn't think imaginable. It was strange because he was never like this with new students.

He'd only known her a day. He hardly knew her at all, yet he'd reached almost the same point as he was with Gems in the space of an hour. What was wrong with him? He'd let her touch him the way he wouldn't let Gems and it was wrong. He'd loved it. That was worse. Her touch had been fantastic on his skin. His heart had sped up the longer she had touched him, giving it away that he was enjoying it. Her hair had tickled his chest and he wanted to hold her close to his body so that he could never let go.

The worst part was that he'd wanted her to kiss him. He had wanted it so badly. By the end of it, he was jerking forwards towards her to place his lips on her bare skin. She was beautiful and it had scared him because of how close he had become to her in the short amount of time he knew her. Maybe Jasmine was right. Was he with the right girl when he responded so positively to Jasmine so quickly?

He pressed the bruise on his neck and frowned. She must have done something more than just touch it. He knew she had. She must have. It felt different to him. There were no bumps or scratches which he could feel that made him suspect any difference but something still wasn't quite right. He'd completely blanked when whatever did or didn't happen happened, he realised as he tried to remember the past hour.

He searched his mind carefully. Yes he had felt her do something. She had definitely done something. The annoying thing was that she'd been behind him so he hadn't even seen her face when she'd studied it. As he tried to remember, he could feel her hair tickling the back of his neck and he quickly whipped around to see if she was still there. Of course she wasn't. He was being stupid.

Calm yourself, Zak, chill, he thought to himself.

            Zak stretched, wandered to the mirror and studied himself carefully. He didn't look remotely different. His body was still the same as the night before. He didn't know what he expected to see. Sighing, his shoulders slumped and he turned around in the mirror to see the back of him. Once he was satisfied that he was in one piece, he turned back to the mirror and stepped closer, aiming his gaze towards his neck this time.

He tilted his head to one side and looked at the mark. Now that he had a full view of his neck he could just about see that the bruise had spread more in the past few hours compared to the size it used to be. It was practically unnoticeable but because he was looking for a difference he saw it.

Was that how all the other bruises went when they were healing? Did they expand before they disappeared? He couldn't remember any of his other ones spreading before going away. It was much darker as well, just as if he had squeezed it and caused it to swell. Becoming dizzy, he slumped back onto the bed and thought for a moment. He was going to call Gems. He had to after what had happened with Jasmine. He kept seeing her face and feeling her on top of him and it wasn't right. He had to think of something else.