Chapter 27 - Jasmine's Day Back

It was strange, sleeping in a bed. This was the most weirdest experience she’d been through so far in her new life. One minute she closed her eyes, the next she was flying through a strange fantasy type world which gave her images of things that would never happen or she was quite confused about when she woke up.

            One, for example, was a dream about going to the cinema with Zak alone, Gems no longer existing, and he was being really, really friendly…too friendly. It felt as if they were together, as in together, together. He was holding her hand and whispering to her and kissing her cheeks and running his fingers through her hair. It confused her. She liked it, of course. It was just strange behaviour from Zak.

            When she had woken up, it was even weirder, because none of it had happened and she was just lying in Gems’ spare bed in the spare room in the dark. Her mind was obviously playing tricks on her and she wondered whether it was normal.

It probably was. She'd seen programmes on TV where people had fallen asleep and thought up a whole new world. That was what must have happened to her, she concluded.

            Her eyes flickered awake and she blinked twice before taking in her surroundings. She wasn’t in the cinema. She wasn’t with Zak. Gems did exist. She was in her spare room in a bed, staring at the ceiling. The bookcase was littered with magazines and games, make up and mirrors, pictures and posters.

            There was a knock at the door, taking her unaware. She snapped out of bed and crouched low, facing the bedroom door as it opened slowly. Gems’ face peered in and her eyes widened as she saw Jasmine on the floor in a defensive position. Jasmine stood and looked at Gems, her hair blowing behind her shoulders.

“Oh, you’re up. Come on. We have to go to school.” Gems shut the door again and Jasmine knew she was rolling her eyes and grumbling to herself as she made her way down the stairs.

            Jasmine got changed into some of the clothes she had gotten from the shops last night; Dark jeans with a long sleeved black top, a short sleeved magenta pink top over the top that had a skull on the back, and black heeled shoes. She shook her hair out and it tickled her face, framing it perfectly. The white streaks stood out and dotted themselves evenly around her hair.

            Something bubbled inside her stomach and Jasmine jumped onto the bed in surprise, looking at it. It was such a strange feeling! It groaned and Jasmine placed her hands over it, feeling it gurgle. What could that mean?

She was hungry. It came to her as soon as she asked herself the question. She needed food, and drink.

            Jasmine floated down the stairs and joined Gems in the kitchen, who was making two pieces of toast. She glanced at Jasmine quickly before carrying on. Jasmine sat down and looked quizzically around her. She wondered how fast she could go, still. She knew she still had her powers. She concentrated on the toaster and watched as it popped up. She got to the toast even before Gems looked up. She still had it. Gems jumped and backed off quickly with wide eyes.

“God Jasmine!” She hissed as she snatched the toast from Jasmine’s hands. “Act normal!”

“Sorry.” Jasmine narrowed her eyes as she went back to her seat. She was just checking whether she was still fast. She hadn’t hurt Gems.

Why was she in such an annoyed mood now? She was fine last night.

“Here. Eat that and let’s go.” Gems threw the toast at Jasmine and moved towards the door, folding her arms, her mouth a straight line. Jasmine caught the toast easily and looked at it.