Chapter 16 - Zak's Room

He was already freaked out and he hadn’t even left his bedroom yet. How could Jasmine have got past them without them seeing or even hearing her? Her voice drifted around them like a prolonging echo, scratching past their arms with her cold dead-like fingers. He could no longer see her and even the thought made his spine tingle. It felt as if she was pushing through them like a ghost.

He shivered as he imagined it.

            It was typical of Gems to interrupt in that exact moment when he didn’t want her to. She’d been so close to seeing Jasmine on top of him, so close to seeing him out of control. He had wanted Jasmine so desperately in that moment. He couldn’t resist; she was gorgeous and irresistible to him. His mind said one thing but his body said another.

He hadn’t even been able to push her off to stop her doing what she was doing. He’d been pulling her closer, in fact, and it scared him to admit it to himself. Any longer and he would have kissed her, would have wanted it all. He’d been breathless and relieved when she’d gotten off him, yet he wondered what it would have felt like to kiss her, to feel her cold lips on his own.

            He shook his head free of those wandering thoughts. He was being stupid. He wasn’t being fair on his girlfriend and the thought pained him. It was horrible to think about another girl other than Gems when she had been with him for so long.

He should punish himself, he contemplated angrily. He just couldn’t help it. Her beautiful black silky hair that had tickled his fingers, her gorgeous perfect legs curling against his sides, her delicate long pale fingers stretching over his body and stroking his skin like he was the best thing in the world, which felt wonderful, her cold lips brushing up his chest and onto his neck, so sensitive and careful.

He had been in heaven, no matter how wrong it was. Her eyes had grabbed him and he knew that he wasn’t safe around her anymore.

            Her slender body had made him want her even more. When his hands had touched her hips, he wanted to feel her skin like she was feeling his. He could imagine it, soft and cool against his own warm fingers. His hands had gradually moved up and around to her back, feeling her spine and the wonderful arch of her backbone.

If he wasn’t so guilty and if he didn’t have Gems, he would have let her do whatever she wanted because it felt good in a strange wrong way. Any longer and he wouldn’t have been able to stop himself. He would have had to do something he would have regretted later on. Something like that never stayed a secret for long.

            Now, Zak led Gems down the stairs and out of the front door. Gems instinctively grabbed his hand and held it tightly. He squeezed it back and felt her fingers roam around his palm for comfort. It was sweet how she changed so dramatically when it was just the two of them. Even if Jasmine was there in some spooky form, they could still only see each other and that was what mattered to Gems right now.

They followed Jasmine’s voice outside as if they were hearing her through their minds. It was a very strange feeling. He couldn’t see her anywhere. Luckily his parents had gone out for the night so he hadn’t had to worry about being caught out sneaking out of the house at this time. It was very conveniently planned and Zak couldnt help but wonder whether Jasmine had had anything to do with it. Had she planned it all? Was this what she wanted to happen? Did she know that Gems was going to come and see them together and kick off?  

If his parents had been in, he was sure that he’d be grounded for a week and reduced to sitting in his bedroom for an hour whilst they gave him a massive rant about responsibility and safety issues. Whether Jasmine planned their absence or not, he was glad that they were completely out of the situation. Hopefully they would never hear about anything that was going to happen tonight, whatever that was going to be.