Chapter One

"You'll be fine, Mr. Wood," The healer said kindly. "Just three months and you'll be back on the field, good as new."

"But... Isn't there anything you can do? This is quidditch. I'll pay whatever," Oliver stammered. The healer smiled, a bit sadly.

"Trust me, Mr. Wood. If there was anything I could do, I'd do it. There are hundreds of fans who want you back on the field just as bad as you do yourself."

Highly likely, Oliver thought to himself.

"My son at Hogwarts is going to be devastated. He's the keeper for his house team and he..." The healer laughed nervously and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "He wants nothing more to be like Oliver Wood."

Oliver was pretty sure she was flirting with him, which was a bit weird. But, he humored her, because why not?

"Well, if you've got a pen, I can autograph something for him. What house does he play for?"

"Ravenclaw. And if you honestly don't mind, I'm sure he'd love an autograph."

Oliver nodded, because since he couldn't play for three months, apparently, he had all the time in the world to kill.

The healer nodded shyly and stood up. "I'll get a quill," she said, and left the room, leaving the door open.

Not long after she'd disappeared around the corner, an annoyingly familiar face came around it.

"Percy Weasley!" Oliver called, mainly out of habit. As soon as the redhead turned to look, he kicked himself silently.

"Oliver," Percy greeted, nodding his head politely.

They'd been friends - of a sort - in school. Well,  actually, they'd been roommates for seven years, so when you spend that much time with someone, it's a bit hard to not become tolerant of each other.

"What's going on?" Oliver called.

"Just picking up some ministry reports. What brings you in? I hope you're well?"

Oliver scowled. "Well, I guess I'm fine, 'cept I'm not. An accident at the match yesterday - bludger to the neck. Woke up here earlier and she magicked me back to good, er, as good as she could get me, I guess. I can't play for three months, though."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah. It'd be like if you couldn't do school for three months," Wood snickered. Percy rolled his eyes.

"Sure." Percy straightened up. "I ought to be going. Got to get these back to the ministry."

"See ya," Oliver mumbled. Percy turned and disappeared down the corridor.

When the healer came back in, Oliver was doing all he could to ignore the butterflies rapidly growing in his stomach.