Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Hi love. How was practice?"
Oliver's shut the door behind him and slowly moved to the couch, sitting down beside Percy. He was used to getting home and seeing the redhead at his flat. And he kind of liked it.
"Long," Oliver laughed. "These few weeks off didn't do anything good for me."
"Oh, is my boy tired?" Percy asked in a funny voice, and then laughed.
"I am indeed," Oliver admitted. "But I'm ready. We've got two more practices before the match."
Percy raised an eyebrow.
"The match?" He questioned.
"Yes. The first match I can play in again."
Percy laughed and threw an arm around Oliver.
"Well, it may interest you to know, my Puddlemere gear came in today."
"Oh, did it? What'd you get?"
Percy grinned and stood up. "I'll show you." He dashed out of the room, but returned quickly.
"See?"
He was holding a grey, crew neck sweatshirt with the word 'Puddlemere' stitched across the front.
He flipped it around. On the back, the word 'Wood' was across the top. There was a large '2' right underneath it.
"Aw, Perce!" Oliver laughed.
"I got a t-shirt, too," Percy said. "It looks the same, but this way, we can have summer or winter!"
Oliver laughed. "I wish we had long and short sleeved robes."
"Ah, yes. I'm sure summer matches are miserable."
"Goodness, yes."
They both laughed again.
"I'm excited," Percy told Oliver. "I'm ready to watch you play."
"You make it sound like you've never seen me play before. And like you're my mum." Oliver rolled his eyes.
"It's the thought that counts," Percy fake-pouted.
And yet again, they laughed.