Chapter Sixteen

"Mm, nice place," Oliver commented, stepping inside after Percy. They'd had dinner at a small muggle cafe, and now, as promised, Oliver was going to meet Percy's dog. He could barely hold in his laughter at the thought.

"Thanks, I guess," Percy said shyly. "Sorry for the mess." He tried to subtly straighten a stack of papers on the coffee table. Naturally, the house was basically spotless.

"Perce," Oliver smiled, "if this is a mess, then my house is... I dunno. A bigger mess."

Percy laughed. "Naw. I like your place."

"Oh, do you?" Oliver asked, raising an eyebrow.

Percy's face turned as bright red as his hair.

Oliver laughed and brushed his hand over Percy's shoulder. Oliver had a sudden urge to kiss the Weasley again, but before he could act, a golden retriever bounded into the room.

"You must be Griff!"

Oliver knelt down and let the dog attack him.

"I thought you were a cat person," Percy grinned, kneeling down beside Oliver and petting the dog.

Oliver pretended to frown. "Sure I am. But dogs like this are cool."

"I can't believe our first date was you meeting my dog. Not how I imagined this," Percy said, and then froze.

Everything went silent. Even Griff seemed to feel the change in the air. Suddenly, Oliver laughed.

"I know, right? Oh well. It was fun."

A look of relief crossed Percy's face, and the redhead smiled. "Yes. It was."