Chapter Nine

"Oliver, let me in!" Oliver could hear Katie's voice somewhere, but he wasn't sure why. Thinking he was dreaming, he shrugged it off and rolled over in bed.

"Oliver Wood, I know you're in there! You- actually, alohamora!"

Oliver heard his front door swing open, but he would talk to Katie when he was up.

"Seriously, Oliver? You're still not up?" Katie's voice was in his bedroom now.

"What time is it?" He mumbled.

"What? Oh, time. 'Bout 8:30."

"Not getting dressed at 8:30, Kate," Oliver mumbled, and then buried his face in a pillow.

"I brought coffee and muffins."

"Okay. Save me some."

"Oliver!"

"Fine," Oliver moaned. "I'm getting up."

A few minutes later, Oliver - dressed in more than pajama pants now - found Katie in the kitchen playing with Snitches.

"He's so soft," Katie observed, stroking the cat's orange and white fur.

"He's so spoiled," Oliver said, which earned a laugh from Katie. She then looked up, and an expression of pure horror crossed her face.

"Oliver," She said. "You're not wearing that, are you?"

"I figured it'd be something like it, yeah."

He was wearing a gray Puddlemere t-shirt and faded jeans.

"Oliver Wood," she said, shaking her head, "no. That's why I'm here. Let's go see what you've got in your closet."

"Kate, I'm not wearing, like, a suit or anything like that. I've been to a Weird Sisters concert before - that time me and you went - and they're nothing to get fancy for. I mean, nobody was dressed up fancy."

"Sure, but you're at least wearing nicer jeans. And something besides a quidditch tee of your own team."

Oliver felt a burst of pride when she said 'his team', which it was. "My team," he smiled. "It is, isn't it? Puddlemere United-"

"OLIVER!"

"Sorry."

"Okay. Come on. Let's go find you something to wear."

"Where's the coff-"

"On the table. Now come on!"