Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Woah, Wood, you okay?"
Oliver turned to see Nate pushing through the rest of the team and taking his spot beside the keeper. It was mere seconds until they flew out, and Oliver was... freaking out.
"Um..."
"Wood. I've known you for... how long have I known you?"
Oliver laughed lightly. "Four years at least."
"Okay. In the four years I've known you, I think you've missed, like, maybe two blocks or whatever. You're gonna be fine."
"Hope so."
Nate rolled his eyes, but before he could reply, the doors swung open above the stadium. Oliver and Nate nodded at each other and flew out in perfect sync.
Oh, how he had missed doing that!

Once they'd taken their normal places above the pitch - Oliver in front of the goalposts - the quaffle soared up into the air.
One of the Puddlemere chasers caught the red ball first and soared towards the goalpoasts across the pitch from Oliver.
Naturally, they scored. However, one of the opposing chasers caught the quaffle and began racing towards Oliver.
They're gonna try and score. Oh, Merlin. I can do this. I'm good at this. I've got-
Oliver's thoughts were cut off as he instinctively spun around, catching the quaffle with one hand. He winked and half-shrugged at the chaser who'd attempted to score.
He could hear the crowd roaring, and he was pretty sure he could make out Percy over all of the others.

"...and Nate McArthur of Puddlemere United has caught the snitch! Puddlemere wins 230-20!"
Oliver clapped his hands together and spun his broom around, looking for his friend. Nate spotted Oliver looking for him and soared across the pitch. They high-fived in midair. Oliver hoped someone had gotten a picture.
"I told you there wasn't anything to worry about!" Nate exclaimed.
Oliver laughed. "It went better than I expected. Thanks, mate."
"No problem!" Nate replied. "Come on. Everyone's lining up."
They both swooped down and took their places beside their teammates.
"Everyone shake hands," the referee commanded, and they did.
"You were great, Wood. And I'd love to chat," Nate told him, "but I think your boyfriend is about to jump the railing."
Oliver turned to the Puddlemere side of the stadium and spotted Percy in the front row, clad in his Puddlemere sweatshirt. He was cheering like crazy. When he saw Oliver looking, he grinned and gave a big thumbs up. Oliver just grinned and shook his head. Life was really looking great.

I'm sorry to say that the last update will be up tomorrow... this has been so fun to write. But be sure you read the a/n because I have a new announcement!!!