Chapter Five

Bang! Bang!

Oliver knocked on the door reading Percy Weasley, Editor of the Daily Prophet twice, and started for a third but stopped when he heard a "come in!".

He gingerly pushed the door open. Inside, at an overly large desk covered with neatly stacked papers, sat Percy Weasley. He had on a sweater with a white collared button-down underneath.

"Oliver!" Percy greeted, a little over-excitedly, then cleared his throat.

"Hey, Percy. Um... so, what am I gonna do? Get you coffee? Fill your ink jar?"

Percy laughed. "No. I was serious when I said you could help me with the quidditch editorials."

Oliver looked up, a bit surprised. He'd been expecting that he'd be a sort of servant to Percy. He wasn't sure why he'd accepted a job like that, but he had. "Really? I'm not a writer," He laughed.

"Ah, but you know quidditch. You know what's good and what's not. You know how to explain it to people who don't understand as much. For example, the Harpies/Cannons game last weekend. All the controversy about the foul called on the Cannons' beater right before the Harpies' seeker caught the snitch? Well, that not only cost the Cannons the game, it also set them down three spots in the rankings when nobody was even positive it happened."

Oliver's mouth was hanging open. "I didn't know you knew quidditch. Especially pro quidditch. Like, the news."

Percy shrugged. "Always a surprise, I guess. I did grow up with a house full of quidditch nerds."

Wood nodded. "I guess. So you just need me to write out articles of what happened at each match?"

"Sort of. Well, yeah."

"Sounds like something you wouldn't need someone new to come in and do all of a sudden."

"Oh, well. It gives you something to do, me one less thing to do, and someone to keep me company for a while."

"You lonely?" Oliver said in a funny voice, and then laughed.

"I'll inform you I stay too busy to be lonely," Percy said seriously, but he was smiling.

Oliver shrugged. "Whatever." He then pulled a chair in front of Percy's desk and sat down. "So, which match do I start with?"