Chapter Eight

The next week and a half went by extremely quickly, which was both good and not good. It was good because it meant Oliver could play quidditch that much sooner, but he would also not get to hang out with Percy all day, every day.

"Well... I'll see you Monday," Oliver said to Percy, sliding his papers in his bag.

The Weasley nodded. "Yeah, Monday."
Both were obviously stalling, looking for something to say to the other. However, nothing came up.

"Well, bye, Percy." Oliver turned towards the door, about to let himself out of the office.

"Hey, Oliver," Percy called abruptly. Oliver stopped, turning to face him.
"Um... I have two Weird Sisters tickets for, uh, tomorrow night if you'd, um, like to go with me... you can."

Oliver tried to stop it, but he felt a blush and a gigantic grin spread across his face. "Yeah, okay. Yeah, I'll go."

Percy grinned. "Um, okay. Well... we can...."

"I could meet you somewhere?" Oliver asked. Then he decided that was stupid and wanted to slap himself.

Percy just smiled. "Okay. How 'bout I come by your flat around six?"

"Sounds great. You know how to get there?"

"Yeah... remember? I had to drop off some World Cup flyers or something last summer."

"Oh yeah. Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Percy."

"Bye, Oliver."

"Katie." Oliver answered the phone with just one word. As soon as he'd left the Ministry, he'd texted her to call him. She did so immediately.

"TELL," She demanded. Katie yelled a lot these days, seemed like.

"Okay. Well, I think we kind of have a date, maybe."

Katie screamed.

Taking this as a good thing, Oliver went further in detail. "He had two Weird Sisters tickets for tomorrow and he just asked if I wanted to go. He's coming by my house tomorrow at six though.... Does this sound like a date to you?"

"Yes Oliver, it does. Also just so you know, I'll be there tomorrow morning to help you get ready."

Oliver sighed. "I would tell you that I can dress myself, but honestly, I expected as much."

"Oh, you love me."

"Sure Katie, sure."

And from the time Oliver hung up the phone to the time he fell asleep, he had the biggest grin on his face.

Hello guys
So updates might be a little crazy the next week or so.... I'll be gone for a few days and idk how much time I'll have.... there will be an update tomorrow, though!
Hopefully.
So anyway have a great week!
-Bane_is_bae