Chapter Twenty-Two

Bang! Bang!
Oliver jumped and looked out through his window. Someone was knocking the door.
"Come in!" Oliver called. He hadn't been expecting anyone.
The door swung open, revealing none other than the seeker for Puddlemere United, Nate McArthur.
"Nate!" Oliver exclaimed at the sight of his friend.
"Hey, Wood. How's it going?"
"Pretty good. Sit down."
Nate took a seat in the chair across from the couch where Oliver was seated.
"So, how've you been?" Nate asked. "How do you feel?"
Wood laughed - it was almost bitter.
"Great," he admitted. "I do, I feel great. I actually - even though I shouldn't have - played quidditch the other night with- with some friends."
"Friends?" Nate asked, a questioning look on his face. Oliver felt himself go red.
"Yeah."
Nate laughed, and Oliver grinned.
"You look good, Wood. Like, not to be weird. Something's different. Honestly I expected you to be here pouting that you couldn't play. What's going on?"
Oliver bit his lip, trying to hold back another grin. It wasn't working.
"I'm... kinda... dating someone."
"Wood! Who?"
"Percy Weasley. Editor of The Daily Prophet."
Nate was the same age as Oliver, but he was American, so he'd gone to school at Iilvermorny. So he didn't know Percy.
"Percy Weasley... any relation to the Harpies' chaser Weasley?"
Oliver smiled. "Her brother."
Nate grinned, proud of himself for figuring it out.
"I didn't know you were gay."
Oliver shrugged. "Me neither, really. But I like him."
Nate grinned even wider. "Good for you, man."
Oliver grinned back, but before the silence could get awkward, a gold and white blur flew into the room.
"Snitches!" Nate exclaimed, and reached down to pet the cat.
Oliver laughed. "Everyone loves my cat."
"Your cat is adorable."
Nate glanced at his watch and quickly stood up.
"Well, I've gotta get to practice. Come by if you want. It's not the same without you. How much longer until you're released?"
"Well, supposed to be about two months. But I'm going to go by in a couple days and have 'em check again. Not that I don't believe them, just want to check. Because like I said, I'm good."
Nate laughed. "That sounds like our Wood. I'll see you, man. Bye Snitches!"