Chapter Six

"C'mon, Katie, pick up," Oliver whispered to himself.

He had just gotten home from his first day of 'work', and he seriously needed to talk to his best friend.

"Hello?" Katie Bell's voice came from the other side of the receiver.

"Katie," Oliver greeted. "Hi. How are you?"

"Oli," She said. He could hear the smile in her voice. He hated the nickname and she knew it. "I'm good. And yourself?"

"Good," He paused. "Well, great, actually, seeing as how I can't play quidditch."

"Aw, Wood. You sound... different. It's a good different. What's going on?"

"Um..." Oliver pushed the cat out of the way and flopped onto his bed. "Kate, I think I have a crush on someone."

Katie squealed on the other end of the line. She was always trying to set Oliver up with someone, but he wasn't ever interested. Lots of people actually thought they were a couple, but Katie had been dating a healer named Michael forever, and Oliver was pretty sure they'd get married someday. And Oliver didn't like Katie like that.

"So, what's her name?" Katie squeaked. Oliver stayed silent. After a moment, Katie spoke again. "Okay, what's his name?"

"Well, you... actually know him," Oliver said quietly.

"WHO IS IT?!"

"Please. I'm not giving it away that easy. Besides, I'm kinda embarrassed now. But he was in my year at school." After a pause, Oliver spoke again. "Prefect, nerd..."

"OLIVER AND PERCY WEASLEY OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO CUTE! OLIVER WOOD, I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. YOU WOULD BE THE SWEETEST COUPLE EVER," Katie half yelled - half squeaked.

"Kate, calm down," Oliver pleaded, but Katie wasn't listening. From the sound of it, she'd turned away from the phone, but Oliver could still hear her rambling about how cute they would be. And it made him blush.

"So tell me the story! How did this... come about?" Katie asked, her voice shaky.

"Well, he saw me at St. Mungo's and..." And Oliver retold the story up until that day. When he finished, he could hear Katie breathing heavily.

"Oliver, I think I may have to hang up now, because if I don't, my head is going to explode because of how adorable this is."

"Alright. Whatever. Don't make a big deal about it. And whatever you do, if you see him, do not tell him."

"You know I wouldn't."

"Right."

"Okay," Katie laughed. "Bye, Oli. I'm happy for you. Have fun with your boyfriend tomorrow. Oh, that sounded wrong. Um, yeah. Talk to you later."

Oliver laughed. "Bye, Kate."

He dropped the phone and looked at the cat, who was laying in the floor grooming himself. "Snitches," Oliver said thoughtfully. "I think things are starting to look up."

-------------
Katie Bell is me