Chapter Fifteen

"Okay, Snitches. I'm not going to do anything stupid. He's just coming by to drop off some papers and I'm going to give him my report."

Oliver had somehow survived another day with Percy, even after he said he wanted to forget Saturday night. Now, however, Percy was coming by to drop off some scoresheets from a match.

There was a knock on the door, and Oliver glanced at the cat. "I'm not gonna do anything stupid," he said, and opened the door.

"Oliver, hello," Percy greeted. "How are you?"

Oliver quickly tried to kill the butterflies in his stomach and stop himself from shaking. It wasn't working.

"Hi Percy," he said. "Uh, come in."

Percy stepped over the threshold, pushing the door shut behind him. Snitches appeared out of basically nowhere and planted himself at Percy's feet. He stared up at the redhead as if to say, so you're the guy who broke my best friend's heart. Percy, however, wasn't getting the message. He knelt down to pet the tabby, who gave up trying to hate him and began to purr.

"I think your cat likes me," Percy commented.

Oliver rolled his eyes and thought of using a quote from one of his favorite books, "I never date anyone my cat doesn't like." (Yes, even famous quidditch players who never cared about school can read for pleasure.) However, he didn't. "Please. He likes anyone who'll scratch between his ears."

Percy grinned and stood back up.

"Oh, yes. The scoresheets," Percy said, and reached a hand into his messenger bag. He quickly produced a folder of papers and held them out to Oliver, who took them.

"Thanks," he said. "I'll run get the report from this weekend." His eyes quickly flicked over Percy's lips, and he ran to his bedroom. He rummaged through his messy desk, grabbed the paper, and jogged back into the living room. Percy was back on the floor petting Snitches.

"I didn't expect you to be a cat person," Oliver commented.

Percy's head jerked up, and he stood up quickly. "Well... actually I have a dog. But, I like this cat."

"Let me guess... a Poodle?" Oliver asked, grinning.

Percy glared at him.

"Sorry. A Chihuahua."

Percy still glared at him, and Oliver had to laugh. It was too cute to not.

"For your information, I have a Golden Retriever. Named Griff."

"Woah. Not what I was expecting."

"Well, I'm just full of surprises, aren't I?" Percy asked. "I mean, my dog is supposedly more athletic than I am, I know quidditch..."

His eyes met Oliver's, and Oliver felt his face go red. A touch of pink even found its way to Percy's cheeks, and a shy smile crossed his face. He looked so cute. Oliver couldn't help himself.

His lips crashed against Percy's, and all the papers that had caused this meeting in the first place fell to the floor. Percy's arm wrapped around Oliver's waist, but Oliver pulled back, grinning.

"You didn't mean that. What you said yesterday. About... forgetting the whole thing," he half-whispered.

"No," Percy replied, glancing downward. "I thought that's what you wanted."

"I've wanted to do this since I saw you at St. Mungo's," Oliver replied, and he softly kissed Percy one more time.

Before much else could happen, Oliver felt something brush against his leg. He looked down to see Snitches, who meowed, and both boys laughed.

"Maybe... we could go to dinner, or something? Get coffee?" Oliver suggested.

Percy smiled. "Yeah, I think that would be great. And then, I want you to meet Griff."

Oliver laughed at the thought of Percy's dog, but nodded nonetheless. "I'd like that."