Chapter Twenty-Four

"Well, Perce, I'm going to head out a bit early. Gonna swing by St. Mungo's."
Percy sighed and dropped his quill.
"Alright. Want me to come by on my way home?"
"I don't care. Well, yeah."
They both laughed.
"Oliver-" Percy started, but stopped quickly.
"Yeah?"
"Nothing. Just... be careful. I don't want you hurt."
Oliver smiled and reached across the desk, patting Percy's cheek.
"I'll be okay. Promise."
He kissed Percy quickly, and then grabbed his belongings and was out the door.

"So, Mr. Wood, what can we do for you?"
Oliver's head shot up as the healer walked into the room. It was the same lady who had taken care of him right after the accident.
"Oh, I just thought I'd swing by. Make sure, you know, it was still a three month... quidditch hiatus."
The healer laughed.
"Well, I'm afraid it is, but I can call in another healer to check you just to make sure."
"Would you? That'd be great."
"Alright." She scribbled a note, handed it to a tiny brown owl Oliver hadn't noticed before, and he flew off.
"Alright. He should be in in just a moment," she said, sitting down at the small desk and beginning to work on filling out a stack of papers.
"So... how's your son?" He asked.
She looked up at him and laughed. "You remembered?"
Oliver shrugged. "Well, yeah. Ravenclaw keeper?"
She smiled. "That's the one. He's good, thanks. And I was right - the first letter I got from him after your accident was public news, he was... well, he was freaking out."
Oliver laughed, and the healer smiled warmly. She was pretty.
"Um.... this is probably extremely unprofessional of me," she said, her cheeks turning pink, "but would you be interested in having dinner sometime?"
Oliver shifted uncomfortably.
"Well," he started, unsure of how to go about this, "you're great. Really. And your kid sounds super. But... I'm gay."
She looked taken aback.
"You are? You are. Oh."
"Sorry."
"No, no, not at all! You're good, I promise," she smiled. "So, who's the lucky guy?"
"The editor of the Prophet," Oliver mumbled.
"Percy Weasley?! No way."
"Yes."
"He comes by here often to pick up reports and such. I can see it now. The two of you must be very cute."
Oliver grinned, and - thankfully - before anything more could be said, another healer entered the room.
"Michael!" Oliver exclaimed, relieved.
"Oliver!" He replied.
"I see the two of you know each other," the female healer said, standing up. "I'll go. Just a quick exam, Michael."
Michael nodded, and she was gone.
"Sorry about her," he said. "Melissa. She comes off as a bit strange, but she's nice."
"She asked me out, mate."
Michael threw his head back laughing.
"I'm sure that was a nasty shock when you told her."
Oliver laughed. "Yeah."
"Anyway," Michael said, moving the stool close to Oliver and sitting down, "this exam."

So real quick I just want to do a little shout out to alelevesque and RonMcdonaldWeasley for commenting on practically every chapter and being awesome supporters and pretty much jut being awesome in general.
As usual, please vote and comment (if you enjoyed) XD