EPISODE_ELEVEN.vid

EPISODE ELEVEN; JIN

EPISODE ELEVEN; JIN

JIMIN: are you okay?

seokjin glances up from his unruly position on the floor, and jimin's sitting cross-legged by his side, his hand hovering hesitantly over his head. in the corner of his eye he can see lightning flash for a second, then a roll of thunder.

SEOKJIN: where's jeongguk?

JIMIN: w-with suga...

SEOKJIN: who's suga?

jimin points somewhere in the room.

seokjin's eyes opens properly, and he turns his head to see jeongguk asleep on the green-haired male's lap (suga? what an odd name), and suga's head is turned away to stare at the thunder outside.

SEOKJIN: namjoon...

JIMIN: he's at the hospital with... taehyung.

seokjin smiles before a small tear fell down his cheek. his eyes are still lined with tears, he guessed. the whole apartment smells of alcohol, and he immediately feels a stab of guilt. he forgot to not get drunk so he could keep an eye on namjoon.

SEOKJIN: thank you.

JIMIN: ...hmm?

seokjin smiles and sat up; he still has dried blood on his shirt and palms. the rag he tried to stop the bleeding with sits dormant in his hand.

SEOKJIN: you stayed so calm throughout this, even though i'm sure you've seen much worse. i'm so proud of you.

seokjin watches as jimin's eyes light up at the compliment, and a shy smile appears at his lips.

he then proceeds to stretch his sore limbs and inch to his feet, slightly limping his asleep legs over to the kitchen. the apartment smells stale and is freezing, so he turns on the radiators and sprays some air freshener around. every now and then, he stares at the phone, willing namjoon to call.

POV CHANGE; HOSEOK

taehyung is dead.

and it's because of him.

he stares at his hands, now sterilised clean, sitting on the hospital bed. he didn't get any news, but he could feel it. he's dead.

and it's because of him.

hoseok's nape is burning, as were his anger and shame. there are eyes everywhere, and they're all staring at him.

?: it was because of you.

HOSEOK: j-jimi...

his throat feels weird. his eyesight's blurry. his head's swimming in an endless stream of thoughts. he wants die. he needs to die. he deserves to die.

?: you couldn't save him.

?: you killed him.

?: you said you would save him.

?: but you didn't.

?: you killed him.

hoseok's eyes turn red. he can't see anything but red. he stares up and around but the hospital disappears into black. there are broken bottles. a man staggering towards him out of the darkness. he has a frenzied smile and bloodshot eyes that could only mean he was drunk.

those familiar eyes.

hoseok's eyes fill with bitter tears.

HOSEOK: how could you? you came back after you abused jeongguk and taehyung to the point of death?! how? die, you–

the bottle he's holding connected with his temple and a streak of white crosses hoseok's red gaze.

?: you commited the same crime as that sad excuse of a father did.

?: you said you would save him from this.

?: and now look.

?: you killed him.

hoseok is knocked back and now he's holding that butter knife. standing over taehyung. there's a deep cut in his shirt, and he watches as tears, blood, blood, so much blood streams out of his mouth, his stomach, all over his hands.

?: die.

?: die.

?: die.

?: die.

?: die.

hoseok feels warm, almost comforting hands close over his. hoseok closes his tired eyes. he is tired. oh, so tired. and the blood won't stop.

HOSEOK: die.

the hands guide him. he feels the knife stab into his ribs, and the first time it only broke his bone. hoseok lets the pain envelope him as he tries one more time; and the knife succeeds.

HOSEOK: i'm so sorry, taehyung.

edited rewritten