Chapter 7

Olivia

"Don't Liv." Harry warns me, suddenly forgetting about the rain pouring down on us.

"You don't understand." I start but he interrupts me.

"No Liv, you don't understand. I can't hear this from you. I can't listen to you tell me you love me and in the same breath tell me you can't be with me. It's too hard." He says and I see the pain on his face. He starts to turn away but I grab his arm, making him stay put. I need to get this out.

"Harry, when I thought you died, and that you were gone from my life forever, that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I don't know why, but it just made everything suddenly become so clear to me. I can sit here and try to be independent and strong or whatever. I know I could live without you, but I don't want to anymore. I am so in love with you and its time I stopped denying that."

"What happened to everything you said yesterday? That we can't be together? That you aren't ready?" He demands, clearly skeptical of my epiphany.

"I am ready. I thought I wasn't but I am. I was scared and confused and let my brain think for me, telling me it was too soon and that I needed to figure myself out first. But I don't want to live by anyone else's rules or timelines on how long I'm supposed to wait to move on. I want to be with you, for real this time." I tell him, taking a step toward him.

"And what about everyone else? What will we tell our friends? Liam? How is this going to work?"

"It doesn't matter. I just want to be with you. That's all I want. Is that what you want?" I ask suddenly worried that he may say no. What will I do then?

"Of course I do." He assures me after a few beats of silence. "But only if you're completely sure. I don't think I can take losing you again." He says hesitantly.

"Let me show you how sure I am." I tell him but before he has a chance to say anything else my lips are on his.

I can feel him melt into the kiss almost instantly. Suddenly his hands are clutching my face to his, tangled in my wet hair while mine are clutched around the fabric of his thin t-shirt. It's completely drenched. We both are. But it doesn't matter. I couldn't stop kissing him if I wanted to. A tsunami could roll through right now and neither one of us would notice. It's just the two of us, Harry and I, finally together. The joy surging through the both of us is almost tangible. Along with love, excitement, relief and because it's Harry and I, lust. My body is pressed as close to him as I can get and it's still not close enough. I want to feel him, all of him. I run my hands along his stomach, under his shirt, feeling his muscles contract as he puts everything he can into this kiss. We briefly disconnect so I can pull it off over his head before his lips are back on mine.

I can feel him walking us toward the house and I follow blindly just so I can keep kissing him. He somehow gets us up to the door and opens it while my hands are still clutched on his body and my lips are at his neck. When the door shuts behind us he spins me around so my back is against the wall and I'm sandwiched between it and him. His lips find mine again while his hands travel greedily down my body until he reaches the hem of my shirt. He tears it off quickly and I can see the delight on his face when he sees I'm not wearing a bra underneath. Using the wall as support he lifts me up so I can wrap my legs around his waist as his face goes to my chest. I don't know if it's the cold rain drenching my body that's giving my goosebumps or if it's the way Harry's lips are sucking at my skin. Maybe it's a combination of the two. But as I press my hips further into his I can feel the evidence of his arousal.

I tilt his head up to meet my lips again as I wrap my arms tighter around his neck. I can feel him walking away from the wall but I'm not paying attention to where we're going until we reach the stairs. He has to stop kissing me to look where he's going but I can feel his hands tighten on my ass as I suck on his neck. When I let my tongue graze his earlobe I hear him curse under his breath before he starts practically running to get to the top of the stairs. When we're on the second floor I find myself pressed against the wall again as his hands fumble down my body until he reaches the waistband of my loose sweat pants. He pulls them down quickly but then stops dead in his tracks. I'm wearing plain cotton panties. Not sexy at all but you wouldn't know from how he's looking at me. I wish I could remember Friday night because if he was looking at me anything like this, I'm sorry I missed out on it.