Chapter 11

Olivia

Lexie and Niall are engaged. They're engaged and they didn't tell me for a whole fucking month. These are the only two thoughts floating around in my head as I wait for my opportunity to get away from them. I'm doing my best to just smile and pretend I'm happy for them even though I'm fuming. I blew up initially but now I have to try and reign it in. This is not the time and it is not the place to say how I really feel. Not in front of Harry and Niall. This doesn't involve them. I need to talk to Lexie alone. I think Harry sees what's going on beneath the surface because it's not long after their announcement that he makes a big show of how tired he is and suggests we should call it a night. Thank god Lexie and Niall offered to cover for us so I can stay with Harry because honestly I don't think I could stand to be around them much longer tonight. As soon as I see my chance I tell them goodnight and leave Harry to walk them out while I bound up the stairs toward his room.

As I go to his closet and find one of his t-shirts to wear to bed I'm just hoping that he won't come up here and demand to talk about it. I know he knows how pissed I am. He knows me too well to even try to hide it. I know Lexie saw it too but that's beside the point. I really don't have the energy to have this conversation with him right now. I don't want to explain everything I'm thinking and feeling because honestly, I don't know and don't care to know. I just want to feel my anger and nothing else.

I change quickly and when I walk out of the closet I see him lying on the bed with his arms stretched behind his head, looking at me expectantly. He's already stripped down to his boxers and I can't help but let my eyes linger as they scan him from head to toe. His green eyes sparkling with humor, his dimples popping out beside his lazy smirk, his naked chest with the defined muscles and black ink smattered across his skin, that subtle bulge under the tight black fabric. Now all I'm thinking about is how unbelievably perfect he is and how much I want to pounce on top of him before I realize he knows exactly what he's doing. He's trying to distract me. But I'm not going to play into that trap.

"I see you made yourself at home." He chuckles, gesturing to what I'm wearing.

"Sorry." I mumble, ignoring his joking tone as I crawl into bed and get under the sheets.

"I'm just kidding Liv. I want you to make yourself at home. You know that right?" He says, looking confused at my sour mood.

"Ok." I say, acknowledging him but giving him nothing else.

"So are we going to talk about your little fit back there?" He asks, suddenly done with the small talk and joking around, getting straight to the point.

"I don't want to get into it right now." I say firmly, turning away from him as I lie down.

"Why not?"

"Because clearly you're happy for them and I don't want to fight with you right now." I tell him, keeping my voice as level as possible. I will not take my anger out on him. At least, that's the sentence I keep repeating to myself in my head.

"I am happy for them. They love each other and they're getting married. Why wouldn't I be happy for them?"

"I told you I didn't want to talk about it right now." I warn him without turning around.

"So you're just going to sit over there and stew over it. That's great Liv." He says sarcastically.

"What else am I supposed to do?" I ask, sitting up abruptly and turning to face him. He's pushing all the buttons he knows to make me react. I know what he's doing but I still can't stop myself.

"Fucking talk to me." He demands, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"I don't want to fight with you Harry!" I shout, irritated by his inability to leave well enough alone.